Deco LAN speed is capped at 100m/s

Deco LAN speed is capped at 100m/s

34 Reply
Re:Deco LAN speed is capped at 100m/s
2024-03-05 13:05:12

@TP-Link i tried to connect my laptop and Cisco GE switch to DECO directly, only 100Mbps physical speed. tried with forced GE Full/Duplex on Cisco switch, then DECO disconnected.

GE is not true for this DECO M4.

Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @GeorgeZ, I have the same issue, I have 2 M4r Decos and 1 E4. 

Hi @TP-Link

My connection is from Main router (ISP Router with 500 mbps speed) > Connects to M4 (Main router) via wired connection. > Both M4 and E4 are now connected wireless.

My two M4 Decos are working properly before using both free Rj45 Ethernet cable out from the box. I was able to get up to 300mbps before.

checked the internet speed and it shows that it accepts 1 GB connectivity. When I try to reboot the Decos, I get higher speed up to 200 mbps but it goes down after a while. May I know if there are solutions to this now?

M4 Current firmware: 1.5.1 Build 20210923 Rel. 55231. I tried to search for the latest patch but it shows it is updated to the latest.
E4 Current firmware: 1.6.1 Build 20231227 Rel. 53644.

What I do to get this speed again is to turn off (remove the power) for 1 minute. Then power it again. It will be now up to 350 mbps

Options
Wednesday

@TP-Link in my case I noticed that WAN is 100mbps only, on 1gbit WAN, disconnected WAN from Deco BE65, connected to another(second) Ethernet port and it connected at 1Gbit since. After that I connected Synology NAS to another port, it also connected on 1Gbit. So maybe there is some bug in Deco, but fortunately it can be solved by reconnecting Ethernet cables.

Anyone, don't try to replace your network cable, try disconnect and reconnect it first, much cheaper that way 😀. Also cat 5e/6 is enough for 2.5Gbit link. Don't buy cat 7 or 8, it may not work, and even if it will it's a waste of money. If You have 10gbit link, buy cat 6a cable.

Deco BE65 x 2-pack / Wireless backhaul / AP mode / JP
Options
Thursday
I got an update about this. I was able to fix it by turning off the wifi from the router of our ISP. It seems that the decos and the isp wifi are fighting for channels that can accommodate highspeed. You need to turn off both router and decos after disabling the wifi from the isp router. Then turn it on after a minute or two.
Options
Related Articles