TP-Link Archer VR1600v doesn't have telephony option, please advise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-22 07:51:06
Model: Archer VR1600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.1.0.0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

TP-Link Archer VR1600v doesn't have telephony option and i am unable to configure myrepublic home phone line

please advise as i am unable to use home phone line service

thanks in advance

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer VR1600v doesn't have telephony option, please advise
2022-02-23 00:39:35
... how strange! all models with the final "v" have VOIP telephony on board, have you tried to update the device to the latest firmware available? if yes, do it again, if it still does not appear and the modem is new then under legal warranty, go with RMA!
Options
2022-02-25 11:05:03

@Raman-KR 

Hi, I do get the impression that some of the VR1600V solid in AU are customized for the local internet service provider.

The firmware version and web UI are a little different than the general version and some advanced features, such as VOIP need a subscription from the service provider directly.

So is your modem given by MyRepublic and if yes, maybe you could check with them whether they need an additional subscription.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-25 11:59:20

@PasKy I've bought the modem from market place and subscription from myrepublic. not sure whether its locked to any service provider from previous buyer. Is it possible to re-install stock firmware which has the telephony feature?

Options
2022-02-25 12:00:27

@David-TP You are right,  I've bought the modem from market place and subscription from myrepublic. not sure whether its locked to any service provider from previous buyer. Is it possible to re-install stock firmware which has the telephony feature? if so, any direction on updating the firmware?

Options
2022-02-25 21:58:50
Hi, sorry but from Davide's answer it seems that your Vr600v is distributed by an ISP, with all the changes that your ISP may have requested to implement, I don't know the rules of the Australian ISPs because I am in the EU, however you can try putting up the software for common devices hoping that your ISP has not blocked this possibility, it costs nothing to try if it doesn't work. at most it will refuse to update giving you an error message.
Options
2022-03-04 01:29:48 - last edited 2022-03-04 01:37:19

@Raman-KR 

Sorry for the delay.

If you do not mind, you can send a picture of the bottom label to me and you can see my email in the private message.

By the way, May I know how long have you had the modem, and can you also forward me a copy of your purchasing receipt?

For VR1600V, actually, I did not see any firmware versions available everywhere so I am afraid the stock firmware might not be a good idea.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1701

Replies: 6