Is it SOS-ROC complaint?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it SOS-ROC complaint?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Is it SOS-ROC complaint?
Is it SOS-ROC complaint?
2022-02-27 00:30:41 - last edited 2022-09-06 09:15:20
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Does the Archer VR400 V3 (with 2 antennas) support SOS-ROC requirement for Australian NBN?

I need to buy another modem for the other house which is not compliant I have been told.  I only bought the VR400 2 months ago and I want to know if it is complaint.   If it is not compliant I will have to buy 2 new modems that are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Is TP-Link VDSL modem SOS-ROC Compliant?-Solution
2022-03-04 02:02:11 - last edited 2022-08-24 08:35:41

Recently, we received some feedback that NBN is going to implement 2 new functions SOS (Save Our Showtime) and ROC (Robust Overhead Channel) to VDSL2 lines (FTTN and FTTB) at the end of March 2022 (now being postponed). NBN users are curious about whether TP-Link has any DSL products that support SOS and ROC. We will list some questions that you are concerned about in this thread, comment below if you have further inquiries.

Q1: Does TP-Link have DSL models that support SOS and ROC?

A1: The official firmware that supported NBN SOS/ROC has been released for several models and please make sure your firmware is up to date. If there isn't a firmware upgrade for SOS/ROC on your device, please don't worry since most models support SRA which is enough to keep a stable connection on an SOS/ROC enabled VDSL2 line.

Q2: Will there be any problems with my service after NBN deploys SOS and ROC?

A2: NBN does not mandate that DSL modem routers must support SOS and ROC. For DSL modem routers not supporting these new functions, another function, Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) will be required to ensure connectivity under certain noisy conditions. Most TP-Link DSL modem routers support SRA. After SRA is turned on, even if NBN deploys SOS and ROC, the DSL modem router can maintain a stable connection.

Q3: How to enable SRA on the TP-Link DSL modem router?

A3:Log into web UI and go to Advanced > Network > DSL Settings > enable SRA

How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?

Q4:How to enable SOS/ROC on the TP-Link DSL modem router?

A4:Log into web UI and go to Advanced > Network > DSL Settings > enable SOS/ROC and it is on the same page with SRA

Q5: Do I also need to enable SOS/ROC after enabling SRA?

A5: Not necessary. Both SOS/ROC and SRA are used to ensure connectivity under certain noisy conditions on DSL service and you could enable either of them to maintain stable connectivity.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Is TP-Link VDSL modem SOS-ROC Compliant?-Solution
2022-03-04 02:02:11 - last edited 2022-08-24 08:35:41

Recently, we received some feedback that NBN is going to implement 2 new functions SOS (Save Our Showtime) and ROC (Robust Overhead Channel) to VDSL2 lines (FTTN and FTTB) at the end of March 2022 (now being postponed). NBN users are curious about whether TP-Link has any DSL products that support SOS and ROC. We will list some questions that you are concerned about in this thread, comment below if you have further inquiries.

Q1: Does TP-Link have DSL models that support SOS and ROC?

A1: The official firmware that supported NBN SOS/ROC has been released for several models and please make sure your firmware is up to date. If there isn't a firmware upgrade for SOS/ROC on your device, please don't worry since most models support SRA which is enough to keep a stable connection on an SOS/ROC enabled VDSL2 line.

Q2: Will there be any problems with my service after NBN deploys SOS and ROC?

A2: NBN does not mandate that DSL modem routers must support SOS and ROC. For DSL modem routers not supporting these new functions, another function, Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) will be required to ensure connectivity under certain noisy conditions. Most TP-Link DSL modem routers support SRA. After SRA is turned on, even if NBN deploys SOS and ROC, the DSL modem router can maintain a stable connection.

Q3: How to enable SRA on the TP-Link DSL modem router?

A3:Log into web UI and go to Advanced > Network > DSL Settings > enable SRA

How to log into the web-based interface of the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router (new logo)?

Q4:How to enable SOS/ROC on the TP-Link DSL modem router?

A4:Log into web UI and go to Advanced > Network > DSL Settings > enable SOS/ROC and it is on the same page with SRA

Q5: Do I also need to enable SOS/ROC after enabling SRA?

A5: Not necessary. Both SOS/ROC and SRA are used to ensure connectivity under certain noisy conditions on DSL service and you could enable either of them to maintain stable connectivity.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Is it SOS-ROC complaint?
2022-03-05 00:50:27
Options
Is TP-Link VDSL modem SOS-ROC Compliant?
2022-06-08 06:28:35

@David-TP 

Is there any news on if and when the updated firmware will be made available to the public?

Some people are reporting that they have received updated firmware from their ISP for the VR400 v3 (1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n).

This firmware is not listed as a download option on the VR400 v3 support page.

Is this firmware only available to ISPs?

Options
Is TP-Link VDSL modem SOS-ROC Compliant?
2022-06-08 09:19:09

@beta-one 

Thanks for the update.

This firmware is not only available for ISPs and it will be updated to the official websites as well.

So far, the firmware release process has not been fully completed and it might need a couple of days.

best regards.

Options
2022-06-09 18:39:15
Options
2022-06-12 08:44:50

@Amallanghosh 

Hi,welcome to the community.

Do you have any issues with the product?

If yes, I would be glad to help.

Best regards.

Options
2022-06-25 15:25:14

Tangoman wrote

Does the Archer VR400 V3 (with 2 antennas) support SOS-ROC requirement for Australian NBN?

I need to buy another modem for the other house which is not compliant I have been told.  I only bought the VR400 2 months ago and I want to know if it is complaint.   If it is not compliant I will have to buy 2 new modems that are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Tangoman 

Options
2022-06-25 15:25:42

dlink-825M-5G wrote

Tangoman wrote

@Tangoman 

@dlink-825M-5G 

Options