Archer VR1200 V1 Interesting Firmware Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 19:50:20
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought this modem/router in september 2019 and since in Turkey some internet service providers gives modems that are unable to set QoS I recommended to some of my friends. One of my friends bought it in 2020 and he got the same modem with slight difference and that difference was the modem that he got had localized firmware version which is Turkish unlike mine. Since he had updated version I decided to find it in tp-link website and I couldn't find it in Turkish website. While I am searching I found italian build which is: "190919" and it was more recent than mine. Since in turkish website it says "there are no firmware update in driver page of this product and do not try to update with global or other countries localized firmware" I litteraly wanted to see if will it get bricked even though it is the same hardware and product. Nothing happened and I successfully installed italian firmware. BTW that is not legal to say "guaranty will be void if updated via different language firmware" in warning. So that does not concern me at all and I want Turkish firmware that comes with the new stock.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR1200 V1 Interesting Firmware Support
2022-03-09 08:52:02

@UmutB22 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would suggest you could have a further check with the local Turkey support team. 

Since on the local website, it clearly said " Archer VR1200 modeli üzerinde yer alan Yazılım bölgesel olarak Türkçe dile Lokalize edilmiş olarak ülkemizde satışı yapılmaktadır. Destek sayfasında ürüne ait yazılım yer almamaktadır."

I tend to think the 190919 might be a general version of VR1200 not like the first localized version of Archer VR1200(IT)_V1_181214 since it did not mark "IT".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 1