Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-14 18:57:23 - last edited 2022-11-03 08:12:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Has the app update got a glitch as the assistant doesn't seem to work properly Wi-Fi assistant shows I'm offline and is telling me to check my internet connection to get back online and retest .. but I'm online as the Wi-Fi is working, I have deleted the app on all devices and reinstalled but assistant still says can't speed check any ideas please 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online -Solution
2022-03-15 09:44:04 - last edited 2022-09-23 08:18:24

Update:

This Article Applies to:
Deco APP version 2.x.x

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
Recently, we have got some user feedback After clicking "Run Wi-Fi Diagnostics" under Deco APP>Deco Lab>Wi-Fi Assistant, it reported'“you are offline, check your Internet connections, get back online, and retest your speed” when it comes to testing Internet speed. However, when customers try to use the speedtest by ookla app for testing speed, it works perfectly fine.

Solution:
This is not an issue of Wi-Fi Assistant but an issue of the specific speedtest server. When the current speedtest server is not available, WiFi Assistant will raise that error.  We are currently working on a new failover mechanism that allows switching to other servers when the first one fails during Wi-Fi Diagnostics.

Meanwhile, please test the speed individually via the “Test Speed” feature under Wi-Fi Assistant (this feature allows you to manually select servers) or using the Speedtest APP by ookla.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online -Solution
2022-03-15 09:44:04 - last edited 2022-09-23 08:18:24

Update:

This Article Applies to:
Deco APP version 2.x.x

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
Recently, we have got some user feedback After clicking "Run Wi-Fi Diagnostics" under Deco APP>Deco Lab>Wi-Fi Assistant, it reported'“you are offline, check your Internet connections, get back online, and retest your speed” when it comes to testing Internet speed. However, when customers try to use the speedtest by ookla app for testing speed, it works perfectly fine.

Solution:
This is not an issue of Wi-Fi Assistant but an issue of the specific speedtest server. When the current speedtest server is not available, WiFi Assistant will raise that error.  We are currently working on a new failover mechanism that allows switching to other servers when the first one fails during Wi-Fi Diagnostics.

Meanwhile, please test the speed individually via the “Test Speed” feature under Wi-Fi Assistant (this feature allows you to manually select servers) or using the Speedtest APP by ookla.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wi-Fi assistant shows I’m offline so can’t do a speed test but I’m online
2022-03-15 17:29:15

Hello   @David-TP yes I've done that on two devices and tried through both another network and a 5G service both have the same results saying security is good but I'm offline. I am still on line even the speed check with the racing car just ends and gives no speed 

Options
2022-03-16 05:37:17

@Luff 

Thank you for the update.

Could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log, then send to us?

I would like to forward it to the engineers for further assistance.

(Please leave me a message once the email has been sent.)

Thank you again.

Options
2022-03-16 18:29:51

@David-TP 

i have sent it over 

Options
2022-05-01 13:39:47

@Luff Hi,Did this get resolved because I am having the same issue?

Options
2022-05-03 04:04:28

@kibbs Thank you for the feedback.

May I know the model number of our Deco?

Recently, there are several similar feedback about speedtest on different models and maybe they are related.

Could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>Help>contact US>suggestions and add the APP log and send to us.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-03 12:09:55

@David-TP the model is Deco E4. I've sent the log as requested.

Thanks

David-TP wrote

@kibbs Thank you for the feedback.

May I know the model number of our Deco?

Recently, there are several similar feedback about speedtest on different models and maybe they are related.

Could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>Help>contact US>suggestions and add the APP log and send to us.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-03 19:26:20

@kibbs  hi no the issue is still a problem. I check it every now and then but it still doesn't work 

Options
2022-05-05 01:40:00

@Luff  kibbs I see both of your logs and have forwarded them to the senior engineer.

Luff I see the first time I forwarded your case, the engineers invited you to install the debug APP and export the logs to us. So Do you still use the debug APP now?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-22 07:30:46

@David-TP 

hi David I ran it for a bit and sent over the relevant info but that's where the trail ended, I don't run the debug app now, I ran it and tried to use the tp app for a day or two  so it could record all the data it made no difference to using the speed test. If others come forward and it gets resolved I'd love to know as I'm wondering if others parts of the app actually work or just show a false reading ..I.e network optimization  

thank you 

Options