Which TAE-F cable for Archer VR600v modem to connect to phone jack?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-15 20:35:44
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I need a new phone cord to connect my Archer VR600v to the TAE phone jack. There are various TAE-F to RJ11 cables with different pin assignments from what I understand and I'm not sure which cable I need. Can anybody help me?

For example, I found this cable, would that work?

https://www.amazon.de/-/de/gp/product/B07V1F5YPJ/

Or this one:

https://www.amazon.de/-/de/ecabo-10109-TAE-F-Connection-Cable-black/dp/B06ZY55TM6/

But I am very unsure which type to choose? There is a choice between:

• TAE-F to RJ11 (Europe)
  • TAE-F to RJ11 (universal)
  • TAE-F on RJ11 (German assignment)
  • TAE-F to RJ11 (DEC)

I'm in Germany if that makes a difference. I am grateful to you for any help!

PS. I had to select a random model from the list, because the VR600v wasn't listed.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Which TAE-F cable for Archer VR600v modem to connect to phone jack?
2022-03-16 06:19:45

@x649Panda 

welcome to the community.

After consulting with the engineers, there would not be a huge difference among these options.

But since you are in Germany, TAE-F on RJ11 (German assignment)  would be more recommended.

Thank you.

Options
2022-03-16 18:53:32 - last edited 2022-03-16 18:57:40

Thank you @David-TP, your help is much appreciated.

Are you sure that it won't make much difference? Because if you look at the at the schematics, the wiring is different. Unless the DSL signal is only transmitted through the 1a and 2b pins on the TAE side and pins 5 and 2 respectively on the RJ11 side, which would come out as the same from what I understand.

To add to the confusion, on the internet you will information like this:

As a rule, all newer devices (import devices, but also newer devices from German manufacturers such as Siemens, T-Com, etc.) are equipped with TAE-F connection cables according to the US standard. Older devices (older Telekom or older Siemens phones) require a TAE-F connection cable according to the German standard. This distinction is to be seen as a "rule of thumb". There can also be exceptions here.

I believe the US standard here is the same as the international or universal standard. So I think I will just go with a international / universal cable and let you know whether it works or not when I get it.

Schematics for German standard

Schematics for universal standard

Options
2022-03-18 08:18:13 - last edited 2022-03-18 08:19:54

@x649Panda 

Hi, thank you for further illustration.
I see both  German standard and universal standard has the same pin used on RJ11 output side which will be connected to the phone socket on the Archer VR600V. The TAE-side that will be connected to your new VOIP phone cord has some difference.
so it occurred to me that the TAE-F cable might depend more on your VOIP phone.
But I will wait for your feedback.
Thank you again.

Options
2022-03-22 18:04:56

Hello,

just wanted to let you know that the international / universal cable ended up working just fine. The VR600v that I have is for the German market (comes with German manuals etc.) and it appears all newer devices for use in Germany are designed for the international / universal standard while the German standard is only used by legacy devices like old phones.

Have a nice day

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 649

Replies: 5