connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection issue
connection issue
2022-03-16 18:25:32
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have my router  for wi-fi connections in the home. I have also run a cable from it to service my television. The hardwire connection is not working. Any ideas, do i have to set something so the router works wi-fi & hard wire at the same time? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:connection issue
2022-03-17 09:47:03

@nottechsavvy 

Firstly, please be sure the internet is available on the C2300 router, and there is a WAN IP address. You can login to the router web GUI and go to Advanced > System Tools > Diagnostics, do a simple ping test, try pinging some public IP addresses like 8.8.8.8, then some public domains like www.google.com, be sure you can get a valid reply. If yes, that means the router is connected to the internet fine.

Secondly, be sure your TV is obtaining an IP address from the router automatically, you can check if it is correctly showing up on the router DHCP Client List, you can try to ping that IP to confirm if it is connected to the router fine. If you cannot fine the TV there, I guess the TV may not get the IP address from the router successfully or it is using a static IP, please find it out, and ensure it is in the same IP subnet of the router. If you are not how to find the IP of the TV, try to Google that from internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 1

Related Articles