Slow WiFi Mesh speed, Deco X20.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 07:50:43 - last edited 2022-03-26 10:15:03
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel. 57605

Hello,

I came across this product, tp-link AX1800 Deco X20, because it was recommended to me by the store to replace the dead ASUS WiFi mesh that I had. And I got excited because I got three devices instead of the two ASUS devices that the store offered. And I only needed to add around $30 more to get the tp-link device. I was amazed because I have an experience with tp-link since I configured my extra Deco M5 (2 mesh) system to a relative's house. So, safe to say, I have an experience with tp-link already.

After setting the 3 Deco X20 mesh, I noticed that when I am directly connected to the main mesh, either through WiFi or LAN, I can receive the entire 400 Mbps download speed and 360-370 Mbps upload speed that my ISP offers. However, the rate dropped to 100-150 Mbps when I connected to either of the two WiFi mesh.

I did some research, and I saw these posts too:

Deco x20 wifi is still slow

Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Slow WiFi on Deco X20

And it made me realize that this isn't an isolated issue. Other people are experiencing this. Also, take a look at the Deco Map. They are all located in different parts and floors of the house like they are entirely "distributed" and away from each other. Unfortunately, they all connect to the main mesh.

The latest firmware is 1.1.3_20211103, and I decided to downgrade to 1.1.1_20210723. It improved the speed, from 100-150 Mbps, it increased, and now it is 200-270 Mbps. At least it is more than half of my 400 Mbps connection.

I hope there will be a fix to these issues that I am experiencing. And I must say, I am pretty disappointed with everything that I have experienced.

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow WiFi Mesh speed, Deco X20.
2022-03-28 06:38:16

@Adventure_Time 

Hi, are the two sateliite Deco X20s wirelessly connected to the main Deco X20?

if yes, you could have a look at this link:

Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?

there would be a certain degree of speed loss on the satellite units.

If possible, please also help me test the Ethernet connection speed from satellite units.

And have you checked the signal source on the two satellite units in case they are far away from the main Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 872

Replies: 1

Related Articles