What ethernet cable to buy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-29 22:42:40
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: didn't set it up yet

Hello,

I recently bought this "https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-wpa7517-kit/" powerline kit but the cable that connects to the TL-PA7017 unit of the kit is like 10 centimeters short for me. 

First of all I don't know why the cable lenght isn't mentioned on your website neither on the box neither in the manual neither on the box NEITHER in videos. Why is this such a problem I do not understand. The specification and the manual just say "Ethernet Cable × 2" and that's it. This makes me sick. TP-Link you really need to work on your website. I didn't want to bother the busy shop assistant to open the box and everything just because of the cables. And since you didn't care to put the cable length in the spec sheet why would I bother right?

Now I have no choice but to buy a longer cable. I was thinking about buying the same spec cable because I'm not sure if it would work right if it was't but I cannot even know the spec of the cable because nothing says on it for whatever reason.  

Please just tell what I can buy before my return policy expires... 

Sorry if I sound mad or anything it's just I don't want drive to the store which is about 50 kilometers away from me and buy a wrong cable. Not to metnion the petrol prices at his time.frown

Thanks for the effort and try to prevent this in future or I'm gonna stop buying from you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:What ethernet cable to buy
2022-03-30 06:50:40

Hello @marta_783 

There isn't special requirement with Ethernet cable on tp-link products.

For powerline device with Gigabit (1000Mps) Ethernet port , an Ethernet cable that supports 1000Mbps should be fine like  Cat5e/ Cat6 or above spec Ethernet cables.

Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Related Articles