Archer MR600 antenna replacement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-31 13:16:43 - last edited 2022-03-31 13:24:21
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Both my MR600 antennas are broken due to some rough treatment. I would like to replace them, but I can't seem to find official ones, especially in my country (Greece). What are the specifications I should look out for, aside from the obvious SMA connection? The device is used inside a concrete building.

I don't have the ability to use external antennas, so I am only interested in internal router-mounted ones, like the original.

Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 antenna replacement
2022-04-01 06:43:42

@GTsatiris 

Hi, the following link might  provide you with some guidance:

MR600 V2 & 4G/+ Antenna Information (LPDA MIMO) AU - John VK3HJQ

Options
2022-04-01 12:21:25
Hello, David! Thank you for your reply. This link is very informative indeed and I do get the specifics of the antennas in general. However I am only looking to replace the original internal antennas. I don't have the ability to use external ones in my building. So, something which would help me a lot are the specs (mainly the gain) of the original internal antennas of the V1 version. I had a really good reception with those and I want to buy something similar. Thanks again!
Options
2022-04-18 02:11:21

@GTsatiris 

Hi, 

By internal antennas, you mean indoor antennas, right? the external antennas I mentioned below doesn't mean outdoor antennas, but the external LTE antennas on the MR600 v1.

The two external antennas on MR600 V1 are 4G LTE antennas, which are different from ordinary wireless device’s antennas. This antenna is mainly used to receive 4G signals from ISP by auxiliary SIM card. 
If you need to change the antennas due to the original antennas are broken and device is out of warranty, here are some tips:
1). If you want to change, you must change two antennas at the same time, and the two replacement antennas should have the same specifications, because the two antennas work together. If you only change one of them, it will not achieve the desired effect, but the effect may be worse.
2). For the replaced antenna, the interface type needs to be matched. The interface type of the two external antennas is SMA plug, that is SMA male, not ordinary RP-SMA
3). The frequency range supported by the replacement antennas should be the same as the original antennas. The supported frequency range of MR600 V1 is  700-960MHz&1710-2690MHz.
4). The distance between the two replacement antennas shall not be less than the distance between the original antennas.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3120

Replies: 4

Related Articles