ARcher C80 EU blocking....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-01 16:51:36
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hi,

i have had an Archer C80 router for a few months now.

Name: Archer C80
Model: AC1900 MU-MIMO WiFi Router
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n (4555)
Hardware Version: Archer C80 1.0

The router is connected to the provider (A1, Croatia) router (Ubee), LAN from Ubee to WAN on Archer.
WiFi is turned off on Ubee, I use WiFI from Archer (2.4 & 5 GHz) without Guest network.

Operation mode = Router Mode
DHCP server = Enable (I left default range)
Default Gateway: trying empty and 192.168.0.1 (Ubee IP)
Primary DNS: trying empty and 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: trying empty and 8.8.4.4 (1.1.1.1)

After the purchase, I updated the firmware to the version shown above, and after that I often(very offten) had Internet interruptions (Network-Status: Connecting ...), and the last LED lit in orange.

In that time, access to the Ubee router, via the LAN port directly with the laptop was almost impossible, ie you had to be very persistent and patient .....

These interruptions happened randomly, sometimes every 10,15 minutes or less, sometimes after a few hours ...

The only solution was to disconnect the LAN cable between Ubee and Archer, after which everything would work until interrupted again ....

Please note that even the provider could not access the Ubee router at the time of the interruption ....

I solved this somehow (partially) by doing a Factory reset of Archer ...

Now the orange LED is no longer lit, but the internet connection (LAN and Wifi) is still interrupted, somewhat less often but also regularly(daily) ...

Also during interruptions, direct access to the Ubee router is in most cases impossible or very difficult .... As if Archer is somehow blocking Ubee .....

I tried all the tips from the forum ... I don't know what to do next, I'm asking you for help.

Thx!

Mark

Options
9 Reply
Re:ARcher C80 EU blocking....
2022-04-01 20:02:14 - last edited 2022-04-01 20:02:46

@mast 

Hi,

What are the Internet IP address and the LAN IP address of your Archer C80?

You can see both conveniently in the Archer C80's configuration GUI in the "Advanced" menu under "Network" -> "Status".

Options
2022-04-01 20:27:11

@woozle 

Internet IP:192.168.0.42 

LAN IP:192.168.1.1 

Options
2022-04-01 21:05:47 - last edited 2022-04-01 21:06:52

@mast 

Ok.

Can you try if it makes any difference if you set "Internet Connection Type" on the C80 to "Static IP" and then manually enter an IP address that is outside of the DHCP range (address pool) of the Ubee router, maybe something like 192.168.0.250 ?

In the other fields (Subnet, Gateway, DNS) just enter the same values as in the screenshot you posted.

Options
2022-04-01 21:21:12
OK, I set static IP to 192.168.0.19 (this is outside of the Ubee dhcp), reboot Ubee & Archer... Clear System Log. Now wait...
Options
2022-04-01 21:44:38

Maybe is important,maybe not... I attached System Log  screenshot.

What is mean " [dhcps]Lease host name not found." ?

After short time I have many of this messages....

Also timestamps of messages are related to what? Obivously not to the setting of Current time. This is the bug or ?

Thx!
Marko

Options
2022-04-01 22:08:31

@mast 

I don't know what is happening there. 

But apparently you are not the only C80 owner who has this issue.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/248640

Options
2022-04-05 09:42:52

So, after a couple of days of work without internet interruption, only huge of "[dhcps] Lease host name not found" in log, this morning internet interruption again ...

The orange LED(last) on the router lights up.

There is no network connection (LAN) on the desktop computer.

No network (2.4 & 5 GHz) is present in the air.

Direct connection to Ubee via LAN port from laptop is also blocked,as already stated in the first post.....

I also tried to access (mobile data) via Tether application to the router, without success ...

After some time, without any intervention, wi-fi network apeared but with the notification "no internet" ...

Now I could access the router (via wi-fi) with the Tether application. There is also a status that there is no internet ...

I left some time (approx. 30min) to see if everything would work, but nothing happened ....

I reset the router through the Tether app, after which everything works ok.

Is it possible to try some other firmware (beta), even some basic ones, without Mesh options, etc., I only use Ethernet & wi-fi, without any special settings...

Note only:
On the same infrastructure,same provider and same setup I used:
-router Tehnicolor + Mikrotik (cAP), approx. 13 months

then(router changed by provider rules)

- Ubee router + the same Mikrotik, more than a year and a half,
all without any problem (zero).

Even all connected devices, wired and wireless, are exactly the same (no new device) ...

All cables are the same, even the position of the router, although I tried with other LAN cables (2 sets), the problem is always the same....

Every help is welcome!

Mark

Options
2022-04-06 08:18:17

@mast 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-06 08:36:55

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your assistance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 761

Replies: 9

Related Articles