New software Archer VR2800v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 21:48:44 - last edited 2022-04-07 08:52:18
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer_VR2800v(IT)_V1_191011 (Beta) [Annex A]

Quando verrà rilasciata la nuova versione per l'Italia del software di questo dispositivo? dattero anche i vari problemi che si intitolano

come il rilascio continuo sul 5Ghz ad esempio, che ho notato che è stato parzialmente risolto sulla versione tedesca,

invece siamo ancora in versione beta, potrei tenere quella tedesca se non fosse per i problemi voip che sarebbero quasi inutilizzabili.

P.S. per chi ancora trova l'ADSL tradizionale, ovviamente il software tedesco, essendo l'Allegato B in Italia, sarebbe completamente inutilizzabile.

Options
4 Reply
Re:New software Archer VR2800v
2022-04-07 11:27:42

@PasKy  Hi, happy to see you again.

Have you ever contacted the local support for the firmware issue?

I do see there are several new versions on the local German websites and normally, the local support team takes charge of the updates on the local official websites since there are some firmware versions that are region-based. So actually I had the same information as you did and not sure when the next IT firmware version for Archer VR2800v would be released.

Thank you and best regards,

Options
2022-04-07 15:15:01
Thanks Davide, I have just contacted the Italian support to ask if there is the new Annex A version and I await their response, in case I will let you know so that other Italian users will eventually be able to use it.
Options
2022-04-11 09:34:44

@PasKy 

thank you and that would be highly appreciated.

Options
2022-04-25 22:03:36 - last edited 2022-04-25 22:26:00

English

-----------

A few days ago TP-LINK Italy answered my question about firmware Annex A for ARCHER VR2800v, ​​the answer as expected was that this update was done only for Germany, it does not appear for other countries (in practice it does not exist!) if we are still in Betatesting for about 3 years, without correcting the problems that the device finds itself, such as the loss of the 5Ghz signal every short time, the failure of the QOS, the slowdown after the activation of the QOS, the almost total block with the activation of the QOS and the DDOS protection and this just to name a few, and without even the latest corrections of the CVE, this means that in all probability the ARCHER VR2800v Italian device will not see further updates, and this being the last straw which breaks the camel's back, I decided to abandon TP-LINK for this shameful and absolutely unacceptable policy, and I switched to the KEENETIC Company, with human-priced apparatuses, monthly updates, no additional payment for the protections always implemented for years on the ROUTER, Mesh and native Wpa3 on all the devices without spending madness to have these functions, Native captive portal, Modular software with hundreds of additions that you can put if you need, Telnet and Fully active SSH, thousands of additional commands via Console and CLI and with a stability never seen before.

Italiano

-----------

Qualche giorno fa TP-LINK Italia ha risposto al mio quesito sul firmware Annex A per ARCHER VR2800v, la risposta come prevedibile e stata che tale aggiornamento e stato fatto solo per la Germania, non risulta per altri Paesi (In pratica non esiste!) anche se siamo ancora in Betatesting da circa 3 anni, senza correzione dei problemi che l'apparato si ritrova, tipo la perdita del segnale 5Ghz ogni poco tempo, il mancato funzionamento del QOS, il rallentamento dopo l'attivazione del QOS, il blocco quasi totale con l'attivazione del QOS e la protezione DDOS e questo solo per dirne alcune , e senza nemmeno le ultime correzioni delle CVE, questo significa che con tutta probabilità l'apparato ARCHER VR2800v Italiano non riverevà ulteriori aggiornamenti, ed essendo questa l'ultima goccia che fa traboccare il vaso, ho deciso di abbandonare TP-LINK per questa vergognosa politica assolutamente inaccettabile, e sono passato all'Azienda KEENETIC, con apparati dai prezzi umani, aggiornamenti mensili, nessun pagamento supplementare per le protezioni sempre implementate da anni sui ROUTER, Mesh e Wpa3 nativo su tutti gli apparati senza spendere follie per avere queste funzioni, captive portal Nativo, software Modulare con centinaia di aggiunte che puoi mettere se ti servono, Telnet e SSH completamente attivi, migliaia di comandi supplementari via Consolle e CLI e con una stabilità mai vista prima.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 4

Related Articles