How to delete previously connected devices from the offline devices list?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 11:02:05 - last edited 2022-04-18 11:03:56
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.53949(4555)

It's not much of an issue, but I'd like to know how to remove previously connected devices from the list of offline devices.

When I go to VPN Client (Enabled) -> Device list -> Add, under Offiline devices there are a lot of devices that were connected at some point, but not anymore. Is it possible to get rid of them; somehow delete them from the list? Some of these devices I don't own anymore and they're just filling up the list unnecessary.

Options
6 Reply
Re:How to delete previously connected devices from the offline devices list?
2022-04-18 11:54:36

@user30 

Hi,

According to this FAQ ( www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3135 ) there should be another "Device List" window or section of the page where there is trashcan pictogram to the right of each entry. If it isn't there or doesn't work on your router, then I guess TP-Link will have to fix it.

Options
2022-04-18 12:13:56 - last edited 2022-04-20 11:29:21

I believe that @user30 refers to this step from the FAQ in question:

The list with "delete" option will show only the online devices if I am not mistaken.

While this could be considered a WebGUI flaw, there's a way to mitigate this, but you may not like it.

Reset AX20 to factory defaults => reconfigure AX20 from scratch => make a fresh configuration backup.

Any time when you want to remove these offline devices' records (list getting too long) just make a configuration restore.

Normally this should be possible through the WebGUI itself and can be requested by a feature request.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-18 17:46:26

terziyski wrote

I believe that @user30 refers to this step from the FAQ in question:

The list with "delete" option will show only the online devices if I am not mistaken.

While this could be considered a WebGUI flaw, there's a way to mitigate this, but you may not like it.

Reset AX20 to facroty defaults => reconfigure from scratch => make a fresh configurqation bacup.

Any time when you want to remove these offline devices' records (list getting too long) just make a configuration restore.

Normally this should be possible through the WebGUI itself and can be requested by a feature request.

Yes, I'm talking exactly about that window. It would be nice to have ability to delete those offline devices I don't own anymore. Or, they can at least make that offline devices are automatically removed from the list if not connected for 30 days.

@Kevin_Z I know this is probably something low on priority list, but could you forward that to the engineers? Thanks!

Options
2022-04-18 18:54:18

Ok, I see. This window apparently shows all devices that are currently (Online Devices) or have been previously (Offline Devices) connected to the router, not just those that were added to the VPN Client list.

Normally I would expect this list to be cleared upon a restart of the router (reboot or power off -> power on), unless maybe if those offline devices belong to some rule list, like Access Control whitelist/blacklist, DHCP address reservation, QoS, Parental Controls, etc.

Do you see those offline devices appear in other menus of the router's GUI as well, for example in the QoS menu?

Options
2022-04-19 07:48:18 - last edited 2022-04-19 07:56:25

@woozle Well, under QoS I don't have any window like that. In fact, I don't have the ability to choose devices. But I did look at Parental Control and when adding rules, all offline devices are visible there too.

Options
2022-04-20 03:53:53

@user30  @terziyski @woozle 

Thank you all for sharing what you found and discussing what can be optimized in the current firmware design, I would log feedback to the developers and request them to consider if this can be optimized in the future firmware upgrade.

terziyski's suggestions would be a workaround if you want to get rid of the offline devices at the current stage.laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4990

Replies: 6

Related Articles