Router got disconnected, now the light won't turn on and the device won't connect to the 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router got disconnected, now the light won't turn on and the device won't connect to the 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-23 20:53:58
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My brother mistakenly disconnected the Wi-fi router that creates our 2.4 and 5GHz internet. Because of this, my RE650 won't connect to the 5GHz internet I set it up to. I've tried hard resets multiple times, there are no firmware updates, and even the location LED won't turn on anymore.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router got disconnected, now the light won't turn on and the device won't connect to the 5GHz
2022-04-24 00:54:11

Hello   @NewCustomer 

Do you mean the big circle led on the top of RE650 does not light up?If so, range extender has not connect to router wifi yet, here is a troubleshooting guide that should help

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

It would be a great step to  verify router Wi-Fi password before reconfuire RE. 

•  Forget router Wi-Fi on your mobile phone and manually input Wi-Fi password to verify router’s Wi-Fi password is correct.   ( Phone Settings > Wi-Fi >tap router's Wi-Fi SSID to forget network or Long press wifi name to delete the Wi-Fi profile).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 1

Related Articles