What kind of Deco do I need for my situation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-25 13:15:34

The NBN-connected router my family uses is in the front room of our house. I access our WiFi from a completely separate granny flat at the back of our small garden, roughly 16 meters away from the main router, with the signal travelling through several brick walls.

I have been considering the Deco S4 3-pack, with one connected directly to our router, one in a bedroom at the back of the main house, and one in the granny flat I use. I work from home using a desk in the granny flat for web browsing and video conferencing most days. I'm unsure whether the S4 is the best choice for my circumstances. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:What kind of Deco do I need for my situation?
2022-04-26 03:19:10

@AlexW3 Hi, welcome to the community.

Is it possible to run a cable from the main house to granny flat, or the back of the house? Or all 3 S4 units could only be connected wirelessly?

And before using Deco S4, have you tried any wireless range extenders or powerline adapters?

If the main house and granny flat are under the same electric meter, maybe you could consider Deco P9.

If it has to be over wireless and not the same electric meter, I think the tri-band Deco M9 plus might be better.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 1

Related Articles