How to disable WMM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to disable WMM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to disable WMM
How to disable WMM
2022-04-27 22:47:19

Need to disable WMM on 2.4ghz for smart A/C controller to be able to connect to WiFi. How do I turn it off? It is greyed out in the settings.

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to disable WMM
2022-04-29 03:36:13

@Howie1234 

Welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your device?

Can I have a screenshot of your WMM settings now?

By the way, May I know why you have to disable this feature?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-29 03:40:32

@David-TP VX420-G2h is the model number from the label.

WMM settings for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz is enabled and greyed out (so I cannot deselect it).

Reason for disabling is I am trying to connect a smart A/C controller to the WiFi and it will not connect. Manufacturer suggested turning off WMM to see if that would help the device connect.

Options
2022-04-29 06:38:47

@Howie1234 

Hi, if WMM could not be turned off, could you please try to change the 2.4ghz channel to 1/6/11 and make sure it has a different SSID than 5ghz.

After that, please remove the 2.4ghz network on the smartphone, and connect to 2.4ghz again.

Then try to set up the AC controller again.

By the way, would there be any error message when the controller failed to connect the wifi?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-12 05:36:02

i live in a place where i cant get better then 4mb down and .75 up and i cannot use Ethernet. i just want to somehow, someway to make it so i don't get 800+ ping when somebody goes on YouTube or downloads something, i literally cant play any video games as i get kicked for too high ping. if there's anything you can recommend hats not the usual "get better internet" or "just plug an Ethernet cable in" it would be much appreciated. (i cant have Ethernet because my routers across the house from my room and im 15 so parents dont want cables through the house) (also power line adapter is not an option for me right now) i at least want a temporary fix) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1331

Replies: 4

Related Articles