New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

106 Reply
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-06-21 20:02:04

@David-TP 

Disabeling Mesh doesnt help. The only thing that heepls is to disable the 5ghz WIFI

I already have contract via email with TP-Link Support and they want to set up a teamviewer session to look in to this matter.

Options
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-06-26 19:14:46

@EJvalo I have the same issue. Samsung A53 keeps dropping wifi connection to Deco X60, then searches and reconnects, then drops connection again, over and over.

I have done all resets possible to the phone, rebooted phone and Deco X60, even changed my phone on the warranty but new phone not working either.

Deco X60 works fine with all other phones, computer, chromecast, tablets etc.

Phone works fine with other wifi networks.

Options
2022-06-26 21:10:19

@EJvalo 

Hi, same problem here but with the deco x20. I have 2 samsung a53 with the same problem disconnecting from the network and all the other devices work fine.

Tried several solutions but only disabling the 5ghz worked.

Both Samsung a53 work fine in all other networks I've tried.

A permanent solution would be great as we are currently only using part of the deco potential.

Options
2022-06-27 10:43:12

I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm in the same boat...I have the Deco X60 and WiFi runs perfectly with all other devices in the home including Samsung Note20 Ultra and Samsung S21, laptops, TVs etc. 

I just bought my daughter the A53 and it struggles to connect to my Deco. If it does connect its only for seconds before disconnecting. I tried all the standard fixes and was about to return the phone then came across this thread. I have a TP-Link plug in extender and it connects fine to this but the speed is slow away from it. 

I just tried making a guest network 2.4Ghz only and it works fine with this so far. Speed is reasonable around the home but 1/3 that of my Note 20 when connected to the main Deco network. Any other permanent fixes to solve the issue so I can connect to the main network?

Options
[Solution] New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping-Solution
2022-06-28 03:30:04 - last edited 2022-12-20 01:05:09
We found some of our community users report that the Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wi-Fi on Deco X20 V1.2/Deco X60 V2, and the connection keeps dropping a lot, especially on the 5GHz. While other Samsung phones/TVs are working just fine. Here We want to share some available solutions within our community and hope they would help.

Available Solutions:

• Samsung engineers have located the problem, and new firmware for A53 will be released later to improve this issue. It is suggested to wait for the software upgrade.

• Before the firmware is finally released, it is also suggested to enable Guest Network for the 2.4GHz only with a different SSID, then connect the Samsung A53 to the 2.4GHz guest network to monitor the connectivity.

• Or If the Deco X20 V1.2/Deco X60 V2 was newly purchased and you don't want to wait for the new firmware, you could also replace it with another version with the retailer. Deco X20 V2/V3/V4 and Deco X60 V3/V4 are more recommended and will work well with Samsung A53.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-29 21:45:58

@David-TP 

I had contact with the engeniers on monday. So they have the information you are asking for.

The thing is that putting the A53 on the quest network set on 2,4 ghz works but apart form the fact that wifi is slower you also cant use the A53 for casting to your TV of control your Sonos system etc.

No long term solution. I hope it will be solved soon!

Options
2022-07-03 12:39:30

@David-TP Has this problem been resolved yet as I have the same problem with my partners new phone ?

Options
2022-07-03 23:54:50

@David-TP 

I have the same issues as the other people in this thread, trying the guest network with 2,4 GHz to see what happens. Either way, another issue is that the Samsung A53 gets only 1/10 of the transferspeed compared to other devices hooked up to the network. We have two Samsung A53 phones, same problem with both of them. Other networks seem to reach normal speed. So it's not only a connection issue but a transfer speed issue also.

Options
2022-07-04 06:24:03

@David-TP 

Same issue here. 

After following your instructions seems to work well so far (no changes on the Samsung a53. deco x60 with beamforming on and fast roaming off). 

1. Deco X60 2.13.7

2. had several Samsung a50 connected perfectly fine. 

Waiting for an update on a more permanent solution. 

Thanks

Options
2022-07-04 06:37:36

@omri Willjim8 L_Echo

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Please have a look at the private message and check whether you are available for the remote sessions with the senior engineers.

Best regards.

Options