Does using an older powerline adapter in the same network affect download speed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does using an older powerline adapter in the same network affect download speed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 14:42:42

It looks like adding an older tp-link powerline adapter (AV-600) to my network has slowed the internet speed on the new (faster) powerline adapter (AV-1000). I just need to confirm this is the case and if this is the case, will adding a powerline adapter of the same model resolve this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does using an older powerline adapter in the same network affect download speed?
2022-04-30 19:45:39

Hello  @L80skidd 

Please check Case2 in this FAQ: 

How can I select the powerline device?

It is recommended to use powerline kits of same speed for best performance, you could consider AV1300 to work with AV600 or use AV1000 kit only.

All the powerline device share the total bandwidth of router, we could think that if device connect to powerline A is using internet, other power line units share the left bandwidth. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 1

Related Articles