Deco M5 is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 is not working
Deco M5 is not working
2022-05-06 15:01:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

I bought 2 Deco M5 to complement the network in my house formed by 3 Deco X20 (today I have 3 Deco X20, 2 Deco M5 and 3 Giga Switch, only one without the ethernet cable). Since installation (10 days ago), one of the Deco M5's has always had a problem. I tried to use it with cable, in cable, I reset it a few times and it keeps coming out of my network and with a speed far beyond what I expected. Also, he gets hotter than the other Deco. I'm trying to contact Tp-link support through their website, but I can't find the way. The problem is that I live in Brazil and I tried to contact their support in Brazil and they told me that the warranty is not worldwide. That I should contact Tp-link from the USA. What should I do?
Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 is not working
2022-05-07 02:17:11 - last edited 2022-05-07 02:18:49

@Rctabdo 

Welcome to the community.

Did you purchase the Deco in Brazil or from the USA?

As for the M5, have you tried to swap the location with the other M5, even X20?

And when it is disconnected, will its LED turn flashing red?

Could you please refer to this link to run a firmware recovery on Deco to see whether it made any difference?

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Wait for your update.

best regards.

Options
2022-05-08 01:57:17

@David-TP 

Thanks for the feedback.
I bought all the Decos in the US, but I live in Brazil. All others are working fine (three X20 and one M5). Only one M5 is not working. I've already switched with the other M5, with the other X20, with cable and without cable and nothing works.
I clicked on the link you sent, however I don't have a Windows PC, just Apple Mac.
Is it possible to do this on Mac?

Thanks

Rodrigo Calil

Options
2022-05-11 02:08:48

@Rctabdo 

Thanks for the update.

I bought all the Decos in the US, but I live in Brazil.

Since both USA  and Brazil did not provide international warranty and later if you need a replacement, you might need to contact US support and provide a US continent address for the warranty service. Have you checked with the online retailer whether they are able to help you replace the Deco?

All others are working fine (three X20 and one M5). Only one M5 is not working. I've already switched with the other M5, with the other X20, with cable and without cable and nothing works.
I clicked on the link you sent, however I don't have a Windows PC, just Apple Mac.
Is it possible to do this on Mac?

I see there is no TFTP  tool for Mac yet and I am afraid the firmware recovery is not available on Apple Mac.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 3

Related Articles