DSL signal loss almost every time I activate wi-fi via the wi-fi button on Archer VR1210v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DSL signal loss almost every time I activate wi-fi via the wi-fi button on Archer VR1210v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-07 16:40:15 - last edited 2022-05-10 00:46:04
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1_2.0.0 0.9 v6041.0 Build 220304 Rel.6349n

Hi. I have a problem with this router (Archer VR1210v, it wasn't in the list of routers to select here). Almost every time (90%) I activate wi-fi via the wi-fi button on the router, it lose the DSL signal, and it will try again to connect. Then the DSL led flashes intermittently until the new connection is done, and finally the Internet-PPPOE led lights up again too. The problem occurs only when I turn on the wi-fi and never when I turn it off. I have already updated the firmware to the last version. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DSL signal loss almost every time I activate wi-fi via the wi-fi button on Archer VR1210v
2022-05-10 01:04:05

@inad87 

Nice to see you again.

I have provided my email address in the private message and would it be possible to help me record a video clip of the LED change on the Deco when the Wi-Fi is turned on via the Wi-Fi button?

And later if possible, would you please help me run the following test:

1. please go to advanced>system tools>backup & restore and back up the current configuration file.

2. Then reset the modem to the factory default.

3. Try to turn off/on the Wi-Fi via Wi-Fi button before the setup several times to see whether the issue would repeat.

4. Then set up the modem again and still turn off/on the Wi-Fi via the Wi-Fi button, check whether the disconnection continues.

After that, please help me export the system log from the modem.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:DSL signal loss almost every time I activate wi-fi via the wi-fi button on Archer VR1210v
2022-05-10 11:21:09 - last edited 2022-05-10 11:22:00

@David-TP Thank you very much! I will do all the operations as soon as possible. I'm currently away from home for a few weeks. Thank you! Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 260

Replies: 2