Issues setting up Powerline kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 13:24:20
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I'm having some issues setting up a powerline connection

Firstly, when I follow the instructions for plug and play, I get a very weak signal - around 15Mbps, when I have a 200Mbps connection from Virgin which I have confirmed using speed tests on my phone when standing next to the router. I have tried the adapter and extender in various sockets, including in the same double socket in the same room as the router. Is there a way to improve the speed, or is something strange going on with our electrics?

Secondly, I have been unable to use WPS to connect to my router to unify the network.  When I press the Wi-Fi button on the extender for 1 second, the Wi-Fi LED does not blink.

Thirdly, similar issue re pairing - when pressing the extender's pair button for 1 second, the power LED does not blink.

Any tips gratefully received! 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues setting up Powerline kit
2022-05-13 02:53:09

Hello   @JShark 

-If powerline device does not get expected speed:

• Confirm the powerline units are under the same powerline circuit/ the same power meter. 
  • Please refer to instruction and remove the factors that may affect the powerline rate: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

• You could put 2 units in the same room. or try a different room for the powerline extender  and test speed , this is to  check if it is affected by power line environment in that room.

Please dowbload tpPLC Utility and check what is the powerline rate between 2 powerline unit, may I know did you test wire/ wifi speed from powerline unit, what is the WiFI/ WIrelink speed on that device?  

How to prepare for using the tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

-To unify the SSID, you could customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

- If you wish to repair the device,  try to factory reset the powerline unit using the Utility and pair them , try a different wall outlet and see if Power Led flashes after press the Pair button for 1 sec.

Feel free to let us know for any further observation. 

Options