Wrong firmware flashed , now what ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 11:06:51
Model: TL-PA411KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 180914

Hi, i was experiencing some connectivity issues with my 411 powerline , so decided to upgrade, but i wrongfully got a firmware for 4010 powerline instead, the flashing went fine and the powerline is working okay, am i going to encounter any issue ? Can i somehow go back to the original firmware ?
Installing the 411 newest firmware now fails, i have used the tp link powerline utility (the new one).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wrong firmware flashed , now what ?
2022-05-23 10:46:08 - last edited 2022-05-23 10:57:22

Hello   @c300g97 

Thank you for reaching out to us, I'd recommend checking if power line device work better on current firmware or not, you could keep using the firmware if it works better. 

Otherwide, try to downgrade to TL-PA411 V2 firmware, if firmware can't be downgraded,  as this model is a pretty old, you might also consider purchase /upgrade a new AV600 powerline device/kit like TL-PA4010. 

Kindly note that Hardware version could not be upgraded or downgrade, and device need to use firmware according to its hardware version country version has a chance of damaging the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 1

Related Articles