deco M9+ API or web scraping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-19 19:28:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

I want to build a script that uses infomation about which device is connected to which of my 3 deco M9's.

I understand from internet search that TO-link does nog provide any kind API to the deco network.

Screen/web scraping is the next best thing - the clients wen page has a dropdown list that allows to select the deco device

However, I found that the communication between the deco and the browser is encrypted in a strange way (encrypted data within regular json)

Does anyone have any clue, suggestion, lead, ... as to how this encryption works and how it is linked to the login process ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:deco M9+ API or web scraping
2022-05-20 06:09:01

@Stefaan_ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It will help if you could send Deco APP feedback with some screenshots and logs of what you have found about the encryption between Deco and the browser.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:deco M9+ API or web scraping
2022-05-20 15:16:50

This is what I mean, in the app, when I select a Deco device (like `zolder` or `attic`)

It shoulws a filtered list of the clients connected to that access point.

I'd like to be able to prgrammatically (or web scrape) this page.

The data on the network, however, is a strange JSON object with just one `data` property and some long encrypted string

Anyone has experience with hacking this encrypted data flow (back and forth) ?  Must be possible since the frontend is available and somewhat readable.

An API would be ideal of course, but I understand from TP-link there's no intention to work on that - unfortunately.

Options