Connect VOIP SIP Doorbell (IP Bold) to Archer VR900v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 06:20:46 - last edited 2022-05-23 08:23:37
Model: Archer VR900v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I connected an IP Bold doorbell to my network. The device is recognized as cable bound participant in my network by the router and I can see and ping it.

The doorbell is supposed to be connected to my phones by SIP protocol and has two modes: P2P and SIP server mode as SIP client. The doorbell itself works fine, but I have tried many combination of settings and just can't get it or rather the router to hand over the calls to my phones. The call is received by the router in P2P mode, but since it will not accept the doorbell as "phone device" it just says "Can not find account for the incoming call" as it would do for unknown callers.

Since there are wired IP phones and softphones I guess there must be a way to register other participants than DECT wireless phones with the router, or route the incomming calls from within the network to the phones. Is there any setting I am missing in either doorbell or the Archer VR900V?

Addition: The calls are supposed to be "internal". While I can call Phone A from Phone B with an internal number, I also can not reach the front door.

Thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect VOIP SIP Doorbell (IP Bold) to Archer VR900v
2022-05-24 11:36:07 - last edited 2022-05-25 08:52:35

@BlindSeer 

Welcome to the community.

Since it is the first time I see this feedback, I searched around about the IP door intercom system configuration and found it is quite different from the normal VOIP configuration.

I am afraid It is very likely that Archer VR900v does not support this feature.

Please hold on for a moment and I need to check with the engineers first.

I will update here as soon as I get further information.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

------

Update:

After checking with the senior engineers, Archer VR900V does not support configuring the IP door intercom system.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Connect VOIP SIP Doorbell (IP Bold) to Archer VR900v
2022-05-24 13:22:49

@David-TP Thanks for the investigation. I would have guessed this as basic functionality, as I just need to make a call from within my network to my network, like plugging in a wired IP phone, which AFAIK would register at the routers server and would be able to call internal numbers to my DECT phones. :-/

But I really appreciate your work to look up the manual and read about it. Heavy thanks. I hope the tech team will have good news for me. :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 206

Replies: 2