storage share randomly stops working, requires physically reconnecting USB on Archer AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

storage share randomly stops working, requires physically reconnecting USB on Archer AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 16:10:18 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:02:36
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Archer AX6000 has connected a usb storage (4TB Transcend StoreJet) and It works fine most of the time,

but sometimes something weird happens - the windows share stops working (the share folder becomes empty)

same for ftp (the share folder becomes empty)

so I open USB Storage Device settings on the router's UI - I see the "Share" was indeed somehow turned off!

and so I try to click on Share, but nothing happens like it is not clickable.

Seem the under "Access Method" it is still "Enable"d for "Samba for Windows" and for "Local FTP"

and "Secure Sharing" is still turned on as well as "Media Sharing"

regardless this does not change the fact that the share points are empty.

The only solution I've seen to work so far, is physically pull out the usb connection of the storage device, and then reconnect it again physically.

Doing so solves the problem and the share points become populated again with the correct files that exist in the storage device.

However, this is not a reasonable solution, as I like to connect remotely to my home from time to time and access the storage device that is connected to the router

and when this happen, I can not do anything physically at all to fix this, the problem should not exist the first place.

How can I prevent such a thing from reproducing at all so I don't have to be at home all the time to fix the Archer AX6000 storage bugs?

Options
4 Reply
Re:storage share randomly stops working, requires physically reconnecting USB on Archer AX6000
2022-05-26 05:35:31

Hello @AmazingMiki

When did you start to use this storage sharing on the AX6000? When did the issue start to happen? Was there any change in the network or on the router that you are aware of before the issue starts to happen?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
Re:storage share randomly stops working, requires physically reconnecting USB on Archer AX6000
2022-05-26 09:41:54

@Kevin_Z There was nothing special happening, this was the same setup I had from day 1 (at which this also happened, I just thought I could tolerate it or it would stop)

This was always the case in my home setup I'm just posting about it now.

Options
2022-07-06 04:44:34

@AmazingMiki 

I have the same issue, it only happens with password protect access, when it does I have to disable password protect access, enable it again and then save. After that it works as it should until the router reboots.

It's the way behives since day one and It's really annoying.

Options
2022-09-16 21:30:01

@AmazingMiki Just posting that this still happens from time to time and was not resolved yet.

I am greatful when there are times when this doesn't happen at all, but if I have super important files that I need to access remotely and it happens, it could be super frustrating!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 4