TP-Link Archer VR2800V WiFi Crashes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-28 15:48:07

Hello to all

For the past 2 years I have had a TP-Link Archer VR2800V which worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago where I made several interventions in the electrical of the house and added about 20 Sonoff WiFi devices at 2.4GHz. The total number of WiFi clients is 23 including laptops mobile phones and smart tv’s

The problem that arose is that the router crashes and does not accept to connect another device on it as well as that the 5G network is completely lost. It becomes undetectable.

Restarting the router returns 2.4G WiFi where you can connect but not the 5G WiFi. For 5G WiFi to appear I must either restart the router 2 or even 3 times and even then it will not appear after reboot. It will take some time until it is detectable again.

I do not know if it is related to the changes I made or is it a coincidence.

What can I look at?

Note last night I ran the latest firmware version but nothing changed.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer VR2800V WiFi Crashes
2022-06-02 09:43:05

@gallikan 

Have you tried to back up the current configuration(Under Advanced>System tools>backup &restore) and factory reset the modem and set it up again to see whether it made any difference?

After the factory reset, please do not tend to connect all the smart devices back and you could keep 10 connected clients separately on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Then change the 2.4ghz channel to 11, 48 for 5ghz.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:TP-Link Archer VR2800V WiFi Crashes
2022-06-02 13:07:11
Hi Thank you i will try that and get back at you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 2

Related Articles