Connection Alerts in Access Point mode for M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-05 13:10:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113 Rel. 38349

How to enable Connection Alerts when in Access Point mode? It's not in the Deco App.

So https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/3022/ shows to press "Connection Alerts", but this is missing in the App (at least in Access Point mode).

The https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/2399/ list differences between Router and AP mode and shows Device Alert notifications for both:

Notifications

Support Update Firmware, Security Database Updated, Antivirus Alerts, Parental Controls, Monthly Report, and Device Alerts notifications

Support Update Firmware, Monthly Report, and Device Alerts notifications

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection Alerts in Access Point mode for M4
2022-06-06 12:03:02

@Ed-win 

Thank you very much for the update.

On the Access Point mode, Deco M4 is no longer the DHCP/DNS server or gateway, not all the traffic will pass through Deco. So the connection alerts on the Deco could not fully functional. It is planned to gradually remove this feature from Access Point mode.

Since it is not mentioned on the release note of 1.5.4, I am checking with the engineers now whether 1.5.4 has removed connection alerts and please wait for a moment.

Once there is an update, I will update it here as soon as possible.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Connection Alerts in Access Point mode for M4
2022-06-06 12:39:06

@David-TP ,

Dropping the functionality is even worse! Don't do that!

It's not true that in Access Point mode it can not send notifications, as I receive a message of a new client in my Deco Inbox.

So you just need to update the app that it also sends a notification.

Please make the access point mode better, instead of making it worse!

All wireless traffic will pass through the deco, DHCP and DNS is not neccessary, as it is detecting new clients now, only not sending a notification! 

Options