Votes

Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-08 12:12:15 - last edited 2022-07-27 02:28:15
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Samsung S9+ Androiod 10

Tapo App v2.8.13

I have couple of C200s and C100s at home, working just fine for recording and detecting and such. I want to create some shortcuts and automation for cameras such as leaving home and activating detections or coming home and turning on privacy etc. However, although there are sections on the app for such things but when I try, it says no tapo devices available????

Is this a some sort of bug or are these features haven't implemented yet? Please make our lives more convenient and make it happen or fix it, thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation-Solution
2022-07-27 02:05:50 - last edited 2022-08-09 11:09:54

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature.

Tapo Camera Smart Action 1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0 and brings us 2  brand-new features  ,visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation
2022-06-30 11:00:06 - last edited 2022-06-30 11:00:23

@Semiconductor15 

Thank you for being interested in Tapo Smart Action feature, this has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo and you could vote or leave comment for smart action feature on Popular Feature Requests , 

As for now Tapo camera smart action currently is still under development, you may keep on eye on the firmware release note of tapo camera for this feature on Tapo app 
How to create an automation or a shortcut of my Tapo device

If any user request the same , please leave your comment below or share your idea on Feature Request board or Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo  , that will help us to organize your feedback and share it with our team with the feature evaluation

Thank you.  

Options
2022-07-27 01:45:49

@Solla-topee 

So basically what you're saying is that we bought Beta product with half baked software.

I bought my c210 because it explicitly said it supports smart home integration. After installing and configuring it I realized I can't automate anything with it. Not with Alexa/Google but also not even with it's own app. 

Very disappointed and thinking of returning it.

Options
Re:Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation-Solution
2022-07-27 02:05:50 - last edited 2022-08-09 11:09:54

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature.

Tapo Camera Smart Action 1. Motion Triggered Smart Action  2.  Privacy Mode Shortcut have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0 and brings us 2  brand-new features  ,visit thread below to learn about the new feature release: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could vote for this feature to the corresponding thread directly on  Feature Request board, this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-21 20:54:43

@Solla-topee I just purchased a C100 and was disappointed to find this is not supported. 

I can't understand why this would need a firmware update to implement.

Wouldn't the ability to, for example, toggle privacy mode on all available "smart" cameras when leaving or returning, via a button press in the Tapo app, be an app based feature that would just perform the same action that can currently be performed manually within each device interface? 

Options
RE:Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation
2022-12-02 21:19:22
This is needed to make this product compete with other brands
Options
RE:Tapo C100 & C200 No Smart Action No Shortcut No Automation
2022-12-08 18:14:06
This's a must!
Options
2022-12-10 21:12:00

I want to as well.....