Deco X90 and X20 compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-09 03:52:09
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

If I upgrade my main Deco to X90, can I still use X20 to connect to the main X90 to form a Mesh network? Except the speed, are there other limitation?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X90 and X20 compatibility
2022-06-10 06:41:02

@TonTon 

Welcome to the community.

If I upgrade my main Deco to X90, can I still use X20 to connect to the main X90 to form a Mesh network? Except the speed, are there other limitation?

yes, they could still work together to form a Mesh system.Can different Deco models work together?

As for other limitations, Deco X20 has several hardware versions, V1/V1.2/V2 uses HomeCare, V3/V4 uses HomeShield, and Deco X90 uses HomeShield as well.

So supposing you are using X20 with Homecare, after adding X90 as the main Deco, the new mesh system will use HomeShield as the home security service.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1