TL-WN881ND slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WN881ND slow speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WN881ND slow speed
TL-WN881ND slow speed
2022-06-19 10:34:36
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2023.55.415.2017

Hi

My TL-WN881ND stopped working properly, very slow speed and poor 'signal received' (Win7 64bit)

I thought it was my WIFI, but when I tested the speed on phone and PC with my old USB WIFI adapter, the connection and speed are normal. 

Got only less than 2 Mbps using WN881, compared to 15-20 using USB adapter and phone.

I've updated the driver, but nothing's changed

I've been using this WN881 for years, had no problem until probably a week ago. Probably it's broken, not sure ...

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND slow speed
2022-06-30 17:15:52

Hello  @paradiddle 

thank you for the feedback. 

• Ensure you have installed the latest offial driver for TL-WN881ND on you Window 7 computer. 
  • You could also try a different Wi-Fi channel on 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band, and change channel width to 40Mhz and see if that helps. 

To select a better Wi-Fi channel, you could download the wifi scan app like wifi analyzer app and select a less crowded wifi channel.

• From the message, adapter may not receive strong wifi signal from router.  You could also try to put router/ AP and the PC using 881ND adapter closer and see if the speed is better. 
Options
Re:TL-WN881ND slow speed
2022-08-31 09:45:56

Place Your Router in the Perfect Spot. 
Reduce Interference from Other Electronic Devices. 
Choose a Better Frequency Band. 
Switch to a Better Channel. 
Limit Your Unnecessary Connections. 
Set Up Wireless Security. 
Add a wireless repeater.

Regards,

Will

Options