AC1200 extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC1200 extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AC1200 extender
AC1200 extender
2022-06-20 09:26:33

I just bought this to try and boost my signal strength in my house, Setting up was a pain (I hate using mobile phones but it was my only option), the phone could not see the device and the "instructions" were less than useful. Eventually I pushed the reset button and finally the phone could see it. Finally got it working but it barely made any difference to the signal strength in the house, my laptop still keeps switching to the 2.4 ghz signal because the 5 ghz is still too weak! I'll probably return and get a refund as it's not doing what the box says, i.e. "kills dead zones".

I might as well try one of the cheapies off ebay, at half the price, it couldn't be any worse! Oh, and it doesn't even have to go through brick walls, just two gyprock walls! Pathetic. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1200 extender
2022-07-01 06:20:45

Hello   @dikman 

Sorry to hear about the experience. 

1.  To see if a range extender boosts your Wi-Fi signal, it is recommended to use a Wi-Fi SSID for the extender which is different from the router's Wi-Fi SSID. Then you could connect to the 5ghz of range extender and see if device could stay connected. 

Here is how to change Wireless settings through Web page or Tether app. 

How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1402/
2. It is recommended to put your range extender in the halfway between router and Wi-Fi dead zone.

How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97

Replies: 1

Related Articles