Archer C80 randomly drop connection to router via LAN(only)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 08:38:44
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(4555)

Hi I'm loosing LAN connection to my router(Archer C80) when downloading larger files or watching 4k youtube(and sometimes randomly).
* Both(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) WIFI connection are running ok, even when the LAN connection is dead.
* When the LAN connection is dead, I get timeout when I ping 192.168.0.1 (pinging the same ip via wifi is working)
* I'm connected to internet via PPPOE, but my internet is stable. As I said, when the LAN connection is dead, I can still connect to internet via WIFI. I also tried to plug my internet cable directly into my PC and is stable. 

Please, help,
Thanks in advance.
Pengu

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C80 randomly drop connection to router via LAN(only)
2022-07-11 11:50:49

Hello @Pengu 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the device connected to the C80 via LAN? Only one specific device or there are multiple devices are behaving the same?

2. Where were you downloading larger files or watching 4k youtube? On the LAN device or on the wireless devices?

3. When the LAN device loses the internet, does it still get a valid IP address from the C80, which should be 192.168.0.x.

4. What is the detailed network layout? Are there any extenders or switches connected to the network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1