Is my Archer VR1600V blocking remote Homekit connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 01:28:14
Model: Archer VR1600v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning

Seeking some help with remote access to my Homekit network. 

I have 3 Apple TV's (4, 4HD, 4K) 2 x Homepods and 2 x Homepod minis with one of the Homepods connected as the Hub. 

All are setup in my Home app and all functioning correctly when my iPhone X is on the Wi-Fi network at home.

However as soon as I move off the network and try to access remotely either through cellular or a different wifi network I lose all access.

I have completely rest all of the devices on the network, all are up to date with the latest software versions, cellular data is enabled on my phone and I have followed all of the steps on the Apple website for setting up a Home network. 

I am pretty confident its not the setup as it all works fine until I try and access remotely so i am thinking there must be a setting in the Archer that is blocking me. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is my Archer VR1600V blocking remote Homekit connection
2022-07-20 11:10:55 - last edited 2022-07-20 11:11:10

@StevenGB1 

Welcome to the community.

How long have you had VR1600V and did you start noticing this issue recently?

Since vr1600v is an ISP customized model, may I know who is your internet service provider and can I have the hardware and firmware version of the router?

I see the only requirement for remote access via Home APP on IOS is to sign in with the same Apple ID and I see some old suspending discussion on the Apple community: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252050136, which made me think it might not be the problem of the home router.

Best regard.

Options
2022-07-21 00:04:24

@David-TP 

Hi David 

I'm with Internode (part of iiNet). 

The issues are very new, in fact since I got this modem. I used to have the iiNet TG789 modem router but there were issues with it so it got replaced with the TPLINK. 

I moved home and set up the TPLINK and that's when I realised it wasn't working. 

I'll have to get back to you with the firmware and hardware versions as away from home currently. 

I read the link to the Apple discussion. That's not the issue here as I have reset and logged out of the cloud on all of the HomePods and the Apple TV's. 

I'm really at a loss. 

Maybe next step I think will be to use the old TG789 modem and see if that works. 

Options
2022-07-24 06:13:56

@David-TP 

Hi

My firmware version is   0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 210413 Rel.19548n

Hardware version Archer VR1600v v2.0 00000000

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 216

Replies: 3