Archer c60 vs c6 wds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c60 vs c6 wds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c60 vs c6 wds
Archer c60 vs c6 wds
2022-07-20 06:27:41 - last edited 2023-02-01 02:10:05
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer C6(EU)_V3.2_211118

I have bought archer c60 and used the wds function flawlessly... It is running well and we can control and see each ip connected to the extended c60 from the main router... Each ip must pass through hotspot authentific

ation... When i went for a second extended router i only got c6 as c60 was unavailable... Unfortunately, wds on the c6 doesn't work as c60... Once one person is authenticated, everyone is connected, and i notice it only gives one mac address on the main router... 

Please is there a way to configure to work as c60 wds ? I need to authenticate each mac address connected to the c6 on the main router...  I will have love to use cable but its impossible.. Help please... 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer c60 vs c6 wds
2022-07-20 13:51:00

@Saamoss 

Hi,

Can you please check if the configuration screen where you setup WDS on the Archer C6 V3 has an option to select a certain "WDS Mode"?

In case there is, then set it to "WDS2" or "4addr mode" and then see if that changes anything with regards to the issue you mentioned.

Otherwise there isn't really anything you could do.

According to information on the Internet all existing Archer C60 have been based on chips from Qualcomm Atheros, while the V3 versions of the Archer C6 are using MediaTek hardware. Perhaps MediaTek just doesn't offer the same level of compatibility.

Options
Re:Archer c60 vs c6 wds
2022-07-20 23:05:07

@woozle NO, there is no wds mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 2