Deco P7 one mesh ”unsecured”

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-21 12:32:37
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9

Had a power outage and everything restarted. 

Then I couldn't get the last mesh point to connect, it just blinked red. If I moved it so it was 2.5 meters with line of sight to the  nearest it still only connected to the main deco (2 floors away) with horrible speeds. 

Switched 2 decos positions and now the can connect like I want. BUT! The last deco in line now creates it's own wifi that is unsecured!

So if I connect to that one I don't need a password, if I connect in the rest of the house I do. This also,Evans I can't move freely between mesh points. If I connect to the unsecure one I have to disconnect and connect again when I have moved floor. 

I have rebooted all of them, in sequence. I have turned of password for all of them and rebooted, activated password and rebooted again. No luck. 

I have removed the problematic deco, reset it, added it again. No luck. 

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P7 one mesh ”unsecured”
2022-07-22 03:09:34

@RexGalore 

Thanks for the update.

Can you send me a private message about the MAC address of the Deco that broadcasted an unsecured SSID?

How do you find out the open SSID belongs to this unit?

By the way, on the Deco APP, except for the host network, do you enable any guest WiFi?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco P7 one mesh ”unsecured”
2022-07-22 06:53:41

@David-TP 

Thank for your reply. PM sent!

How I found out which node has the open SSID:

I have three P7; main one on upper floor with modem, second one bottom floor in the hallway anf third one a half stair down in the garage.

It's the one in the garage that is the problem.
i started with letting my phone forget the network and then walked around and scanned. 

And if I stand in the furthest end of the garage I get an open "unsecured" network. Here the other nodes shouldn't reach. 

If I stand in the hallway or upstairs I get the secured network. So I am fairly certain which node is responsible. 

Add to this that before I switched position of hallway and garage nodes the one in the garage could only connect to office on top floor, not the hallway one, even when I moved them so they had line of sight of 2.5 m. 

This makes me feel that that node had similar problem then but I didn't notice since my other two nodes made an "ok" coverage in the rest of the house. 

So guessing the problem node just can't make mesh anymore. But that feels like it shouldn't be a hardware issue. Annoying and strange. 

No, I have no guest network active. Never have had that, but double checked now and it is off. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 249

Replies: 2

Related Articles