Backhaul deco shows no download/upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 19:19:30
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi i have an Asus router in front of my Deco X50 Main router (router mode) and a second Deco connected to the Main using ethernet backhaul. The asus router is there since I want its security and IP-TV etc. It has DHCP turned on but wifi is disabled. Not sure if I can run the Deco in router mode but it seems to work.

1. do I need to do some config on the asus router to have two Deco Behind working in router mode?

2. Using the tp-Link app; If I Select the second Deco (ethernet backhaul), the clients are listed, but it seems like the traffic is shown only on the Main Deco (in the app). Why do the second Deco show zero traffic even if the clients clearly shows traffic? 

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re: Backhaul deco shows no download/upload speed
2022-07-26 10:54:25

@ME1975 

Hi, Thanks for your time and patience.

Here is some information for your reference:

1. Do I need to do some config on the Asus router to have two Deco Behind working in router mode?

Nope

2. Why does the second Deco show zero traffic even if the clients clearly shows traffic? 

You could wat for a while and sometimes the App needs time to update the data. And based on the feedback I have seen in the community, most of the time, the real-time speed rate here is not accurate and is just for reference. If you do want to know the bandwidth of the satellite unit, it is suggested to connect a computer via Ethernet cable to the satellite unit or connect to the 5ghz wifi of the satellite unit.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 318

Replies: 1

Related Articles