Deco X73-DSL - Sky Fibre Broadand

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 08:49:07 - last edited 2022-07-29 03:40:57
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 build 20211231 Rel. 42213

Hi All

Has anyone been able to get the Deco X73-DSL working as a Wi-Fi Router with Sky Fibre?

I've tried everything I can think of. I think the issue is dhcp option 61 and the router not having anywhere to enable this. Unless there's a beta out there? 

I chatted with support and they said it should work but I'd need details from SKY. 

I've got the usual details from them:

username abcdefgh@skydsl

password 1234567890abcdef

This didn't work, there's no mention of Sky(MER)_VDSL although I'm not sure if that's for dhcp option 61. 

Does anyone have any success stories with sky and this router? 

Many Thanks 

Dave

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X73-DSL - Sky Fibre Broadand-Solution
2022-07-26 07:52:04 - last edited 2022-07-29 03:40:57

@DaveSunter 

Hi, In case the fiber box has done PPPoE broadband connection already or ISP has updated the internet connection type, have you tried to connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to the fiber box, then run the following test:

• If the laptop could get internet directly from the Fiber box, now the internet connection type is Dynamic IP.
  • If the laptop could not get internet directly, please refer to this link to set up a PPPoE broadband connection directly to confirm the username and password.

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10

1. if the laptop could get internet with the same username and password, I am afraid I need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

2. if the laptop can not get internet either, except for the username and password, maybe ISP needs more authentication, like VLAN ID.

Update:

It has been tested that Deco X20-DSL/Deco X73-DSL only support SKY MER under DSL modem router mode. On wireless router mode, they do not support SKY MER so far. 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Deco X73-DSL - Sky Fibre Broadand
2022-07-24 19:35:52

Hi  @DaveSunter,

I have the X73-DSL however, I am with ISP EE,

From what i read the Sky(MER)_VDSL is the correct option to choose for option 60/61.

Options
2022-07-25 17:00:55

@BenGinders thank you for your reply. 

Are you still on ADSL or Fibre? 

My box on the wall is now Fibre so it's ethernet it's connected by to the router.  When I went in Router mode on the X73 I didn't get an option for Sky(MER)_VDSL. Unless I missed it? 

Appreciate your help. 

Many Thanks

Dave 

Options
2022-07-25 18:55:42

@DaveSunter ahh OK I am still on ADSL so I use the X73 as a modem.  You will only see that option In the modem setup.  If you are using the modem as a router you should be able to setup with the username and password provided by your ISP via the PPPoE setup option, setting your ISP to modem only mode or passthrough.

Just for your information, here is what I see when going through the quick setup for X73-DSL as a modem.

Options
2022-07-26 05:48:43

@BenGinders thanks again for coming back to me. 

Yes I'm trying router only. I've plugged the Ethernet cable in and tried the details for the PPPoE but they don't work. I've tried changing some of the other settings a few times but none work. Hopefully someone will have come across this or someone from TP-Link might have an idea too. 

Thanks again

Dave 

Options
Re:Deco X73-DSL - Sky Fibre Broadand-Solution
2022-07-26 07:52:04 - last edited 2022-07-29 03:40:57

@DaveSunter 

Hi, In case the fiber box has done PPPoE broadband connection already or ISP has updated the internet connection type, have you tried to connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to the fiber box, then run the following test:

• If the laptop could get internet directly from the Fiber box, now the internet connection type is Dynamic IP.
  • If the laptop could not get internet directly, please refer to this link to set up a PPPoE broadband connection directly to confirm the username and password.

How to set up a PPPoE connection on Windows 8&10

1. if the laptop could get internet with the same username and password, I am afraid I need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

2. if the laptop can not get internet either, except for the username and password, maybe ISP needs more authentication, like VLAN ID.

Update:

It has been tested that Deco X20-DSL/Deco X73-DSL only support SKY MER under DSL modem router mode. On wireless router mode, they do not support SKY MER so far. 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-26 17:26:50

Thanks @David-TP 

I've tried to connect using my Laptop, it doens't connect with just pluggin in the Ethernet cable. I then tried PPPoE and that didn't work either. 

All the forums I've read say I need to use 'DHCP Option 61' but I can't find this on the routers settings. 

Is there anyway you could ask the engineers if they've got a beta firmware with this option been available?

Many Thanks

Dave

Options
2022-07-29 15:33:30

@David-TP thanks for the update. Do you know of any routers that do work with SKY MER on Fibre?

Options
2022-08-01 08:48:37

@DaveSunter 

Thanks for the time and patience.

I am afraid that we do not have such a modem that supports SKY MER on wireless router mode yet.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-13 10:08:08

@David-TP Hi, I purchased an X73 a few months ago, and shortly after got the message from Sky that fibre is being rolled out. I got onto live support and was assured that this will work fine, and do not worry. 

So to confirm I cannot use my X73 with my new Sky fibre connection? 

Options
2022-12-13 10:56:26

@Wysie 

Hi,  Did Sky happen to mention what internet connection type will be used on the new Fiber service? or Do you need some preparation for the new service?

If nothing special, I think Deco X73-DSL would be fine since it could be used as a wireless router as well.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2023

Replies: 10

Related Articles