Tp Link Router Not Working As Extender After Power Cut

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 18:10:33
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am currently using a local ISP provider (dynamic ip) and trying to connect the router given by my isp provider to my archer a6. The problem is whenever i reset my router and do the necessary setting to use it as an extender it works flawlessly. The nightmare starts whenever there is a power cut. Archer A6 refuses to get connected to any of my device(apart from my laptop but i am not able to use internet with my laptop also). Can anyone provide me a permanent solution to this problem.

Just to be clear there is no dedicated repeater mode setting in my router.

Options
19 Reply
Re:Tp Link Router Not Working As Extender After Power Cut
2022-07-26 21:44:34

@Killwish 

Hi,

I assume you are referring to electricity blackouts that affect your whole home. (i.e. everything turns off at once)

Have you already tested what happens if you only power off one router at a time?

I mean like, power off the ISP's router, wait a minute or so, power it back on and see if the A6 successfully re-establishes all connections or not.

Likewise, power off the A6, wait a minute or so, power it back on and see if the A6 successfully re-establishes all connections or not.

I wonder if it's maybe the ISP's router that we need to take a look at.

Options
2022-07-27 07:16:12 - last edited 2022-07-27 08:16:56

@woozle 

Hi,

Yup there is a problem with the both the isp router and my tp link router. i switched off both the routers for about 2 minutes and both refused to form a connection after either one of them became offline. my tp link router gets changed and it refuses to connect.

Thanks for your response do you think dynamic ip is the problem because the isp provider has specifically told me to not change any setting in the main router. 

Options
2022-07-27 14:04:34

@Killwish 

Of course it would make sense to document the present settings of the ISP router before you change any of them.

Could you please post the ISP router's settings for its internal LAN network, the DHCP server and the Wi-Fi ? (bar anything you deem to be personal information)

Options
2022-07-27 21:19:52

My isp onu router default connection type is pppoe so should i ask him the username and password for bridging?

Options
2022-07-29 01:30:44

@Killwish 

If the onu router connects you to a fiber optics line via PPPoE and you want to build a wireless bridge (WDS) between the onu router and the Archer A6, then you will have to leave the general arrangement of the two routers as it is.

Unless you accidently delete the PPPoE username and password entries, you don't need to know them at this point. But of course it's always better to have that information at hand, in case it is ever needed.

Options
2022-08-01 22:02:32

@Killwish 

I'm having the same issue - Archer A6 V3 - setup with WDS bridging mode on existing wifi connection from ISP router.

When the local ISP router (which provides the wifi/internet connection) reboots for whatever reason (power cut, firmware update, manual reboot), the Archer A6 loses the WDS bridge connection and won't reconnect.

The only way to rectify this I have found, is to manually refresh the WDS bridging settings via the web interface:- Find and select the same wifi network again, save the configuration again with the same settings, which restores the WDS bridge and internet access.

There is another wifi extender at the other end of the house which doesn't experience this issue, and every other device in the house reconnects to the ISP router wifi without issue, which comfortably narrows the issue down to the Archer A6, at least with WDS mode.

Very frustrating.

Options
2022-08-01 22:16:52

@Samwise 

To explain further, I set the Archer's IP address to 192.168.20.254, so when this issue occurs I'm easily able to access the web UI via ethernet to refresh the WDS bridge settings. Before changing the IP, I was still seeing these issues.

Options
2022-08-02 03:35:28

@Samwise 

Can I know the model and make of the ISP router?

Please confirm if there is a WDS mode on the Archer A6 web page. BTW, what is the firmware version of the Archer A6?

Options
2022-08-04 11:16:28 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:17:06

@Kevin_Z 

it is a ZTE Gpon ont router Model Number is ZXHNF670L

Options
2022-08-04 11:20:44 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:21:01

@Samwise 

That is the problem it is getting on my nerves also. The router only works as a access point but refuses to work as a repeater 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4377

Replies: 24

Related Articles