How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

36 Reply
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet
2024-07-10 17:00:06

I'm experiencing same issues with my archer AX90.

using wan port connected to Ethernet starlink adapter works fine for a couple of days (with al my mesh wifi adapters), then archer lose connection with starllink router that still goes on internet by itself.

the archer administrator site says "disconnected" in the internet (wan) connection page ip 0.0.0.0, as starlink refuse to carry the signal...

at this point I have to Turn off them all, the Start starlink, and next Archer and Internet goes up again.

my setting are dynamic ip for wan and no bypass mode for starlink (I tried to Turn it on, but it's the same).

Did you find a resolution? Maybe negotiation between the devices at a certain time splits up...

Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet
2024-08-11 18:10:34

@Kevin_Z Hello, my name is Samantha. My husband and I live in the Netherlands, we have a second home in France. We use Starlink Gen 1 in France, it works fine! But we have very thick stone walls and need more range. I have 3x TP Deco M4, can we use them? That would be great!

I hope somebody here can help me. Thank you in advance!

Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet
2024-08-12 06:00:12

Samantha75 wrote

@Kevin_Z Hello, my name is Samantha. My husband and I live in the Netherlands, we have a second home in France. We use Starlink Gen 1 in France, it works fine! But we have very thick stone walls and need more range. I have 3x TP Deco M4, can we use them? That would be great!

I hope somebody here can help me. Thank you in advance!

@Samantha75 Thank you for asking the community.

Yes. Deco M4 will also work with Starlink. You may refer to this story for more details.

After configuring the main Deco M4 and connecting it to the internet, you may need to connect the other two to the main or via a daisy chain with Ethernet cables since you have thick walls in the house, which may cause difficulties in extending the network via Wi-Fi.

You may post here in the community if you have any other inquiries when connecting the Deco to extend the Starlink network here.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet
2024-08-12 06:05:26

Dtruppi wrote

I'm experiencing same issues with my archer AX90.

using wan port connected to Ethernet starlink adapter works fine for a couple of days (with al my mesh wifi adapters), then archer lose connection with starllink router that still goes on internet by itself.

the archer administrator site says "disconnected" in the internet (wan) connection page ip 0.0.0.0, as starlink refuse to carry the signal...

at this point I have to Turn off them all, the Start starlink, and next Archer and Internet goes up again.

my setting are dynamic ip for wan and no bypass mode for starlink (I tried to Turn it on, but it's the same).

Did you find a resolution? Maybe negotiation between the devices at a certain time splits up...

@Dtruppi Sorry for missing your post in July.

Are you using the Archer AX90 with Starlink Gen 2 or Gen 3?

Have you referred to this thread and connected the Starlink Gen 2 Ethernet Adapter to the 1 Gbps WAN/LAN Port on the Archer AX90 instead of the 2.5 Gbps WAN/LAN Port, then log into the web GUI of the AX90, go to the Internet, and select 1 Gbps WAN/LAN as the WAN/Internet port.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-12 09:25:39

@Kevin_Z Thank you! That is great.

I have never set up something like this, I hope I can do it.

The link you've sent is about Gen-2, but that works differently, doesn't it?

Options
2024-08-13 02:52:11

@Samantha75 

There might be a slight difference when connecting the Deco to Starlink Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3, but no big difference. You may read the following two articles for details:

How to connect Deco with Starlink Gen 1 / Gen 2?

Connect Deco to Starlink Gen 3

Good luck.

Options