Device not connecting to tp link extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 07:38:07
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 211117 Rel.31538n (7378)

Hi,

My main wifi source is based on ADSL connection without WPS support.

Tplink extender is connecting fine with the main wifi. I can confirm this from the LEDs on the extender, visiting router by typing IP address in the browser and via tether app too.

When I connect my device (tested with other devices as well) to the extender WiFi, the connection fails with incorrect password.

I've followed all the steps from the official tourbleshooting thread in regards to this issue multiple times but without any luck.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/511436

Please guide me in troubleshooting the issue.

​​​​​​

Options
3 Reply
Re:Device not connecting to tp link extender
2022-08-02 07:44:34 - last edited 2022-08-02 07:45:17

Hello   @Gouthamkolluru 

Glad to know you have tried the tips in as guide below, 

Troubleshooting Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

May I know do you use the Tether app or web UI or WPS button set up the Range extender 

You may download the Tether app,  tap the ' eye' icon and see what's Wifi password of RE now (In web UI, go to Connect to Network page to see the password you've put in)

If you use the WPS button, I wonder if it's Case3 mentioned in the above post,  you could try a factory reset on the RE and reinstall it in the Tether app or web UI. 

If still the same, may I know what is the model of your device that says incorrect password, do you mean all the network device failed to connect to Wifi of extender? What is model of router? 

Options
2022-08-03 19:11:02

@Solla-topee 

I have used Tether app for setting up the extender. My ADSL router is not configured with WPS, so I did regular manual setup. I've verified password both from tether app and Web browser, both passwords are same and consistent with main router password.

For some unknown reason my laptop was connecting sucessfully with extender WiFi.

But none of the mobile phones are connecting to extender's Wi-Fi. I've tried with both Android and iOS. My mobile device running Android version 10.

Main router model number: D-link DSL-2750U

All my devices do connect sucessfully with router's Wi-Fi though.

Options
2022-08-05 01:14:22

Hello   @Gouthamkolluru 

If laptop was able to connect to extender Wi-Fi but mobile device fails to connect to range extender, you could try to  manually configure RE DHCP settings as the Case 5 Case 5 of the above troubleshooting guide 

What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?

Can I know what is the model and OS of your mobile devices?  

Options