extended stopped working even though set up says connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 19:35:36
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My wifi went down. When it came back noticed the extended was no longer working. I have rebooted several times through app and with computer. The App and computer will say that the system is set up and connected but when I then try to access the 5G extended or the primary wifi it does no work at all. I have to turn the extender completely to get back on wi fi. Also on the actual extended the only front lights that appear solid are the circle lock light, 2.4GHz and power lights. The 5GHz light will no longer come on even though on the app and computer it indicaes it should be on. Not sure what to do next.

Options
1 Reply
Re:extended stopped working even though set up says connected
2022-08-02 07:25:42

Hello  @abucell 

Thankyou for your detailed post.  If the router's Wi-Fi network does not work yet,  please reach the Internet provider or router support for some help. 

Ensure your router's 2.4Ghz/ 5Ghz Wifi networks are fine first. 

Then you could reboot RE or factory reset RE and reinstall it with router again as guide here: 

Configuration GuideTP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles