Sudden huge ping spikes while using TP Link TLWN722N V2 Wireless adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 14:25:16
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TLWN722N

Hello,

I have been having this problem for around a year and i finally have to address it considering that i don't know what to do regarding the problem.

I'm using Tp Link TLWN722N v2 wireless adapter, the problem that i have is that randomly while using my pc i get huge ping spikes and this happens EVERY day

I tried everything, i switched the channel on router to channel 1, i got the drivers for the adapter, i tried different usb ports on the pc, i checked if anything else was using my internet, i did fresh windows installs multiple times, i moved my pc to another location (tested if the wifi is good on that location by using my phone and i get great download speeds when using my phone but my pc gets very low download speeds)

The adapter is advertised as being able to get to up to 150mbps download speed yet i get 20-30 while with my phone i get 70-80

All this would be fine though if i didn't experience sudden ping spikes, the ping spikes are so huge and they bother me so much that i dont know what to do anymore, any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Sudden huge ping spikes while using TP Link TLWN722N V2 Wireless adapter.
2022-08-06 14:34:58

Also i downloaded the latest driver for V2 EU version that you guys sent me recently, it says that the driver is from July 2017 but when i go to adapter properties it says that my current driver is from 2016 even though i carefully downloaded the 2017 driver and uninstalled the previous one

Options
2022-08-09 01:19:49 - last edited 2022-08-09 01:20:02

@kajga 

Thank you for sharing the steps you've tried in troubleshooting,

You could also try to change to a different 2.4Ghz channel and change channel width to 20Mhz, this will sacrifice some speed but reduce the wireless inference. 

You could use wifi analyzer app to scan nearby channels and select a less crowded 2.4G channel.

[Troubleshooting ] How to Fix High Ping when Using Wireless Adapter

May I know the model of your router, is it a Mesh system? If so, you could try to disable Mesh option

May I know do you experience high ping in certain network activities like gaming, P2P downloading, etc., may I have a photo showing the high ping? 

I shared you a different driver via private message, you could also give that a try. 

When did you purchase the adapter, how long the adapter has been working fine with the same router before? 

Options
2022-08-09 21:47:28
I tried different channels, switched to 20mhz but it doesn't help I have a Huawei router not exactly sure which one but it isn't mesh, Yes, i experience high ping in certain activities mainly when gaming, when it happens again i will provide you with a screenshot I'll try the driver that you sent me in the PM Also, i have the adapter for around a year and a half and it worked well until the beginning of 2022
Options
2022-08-11 02:18:41

Hello   @kajga 

Thank you for the test.

To isolate if the issue is with Wi-Fi network itself or the adapter, you may check on a different laptop or network device got high ping when play the game

Btw, is any particular game or same high ping occurs on different games. 

If this occurs only on laptop with TP-link adapter, you could reach retailer to check device warranty for it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1195

Replies: 4