I cant find w8968 here in list. I need wds to extend range of my airtel fiber connection in india

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I cant find w8968 here in list. I need wds to extend range of my airtel fiber connection in india

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 17:40:40 - last edited 2022-08-09 17:48:12
Tags: #wds
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I cant find w8968 ADSL+  v4 here in list. I need help about using w8968 ADSL+ v4 on wds to extend range of my airtel fiber connection. cant find any tutorial on how to do it. with lan and also as wireslssly. in w8968 there is no wds enable option .

Options
7 Reply
Re:I cant find w8968 here in list. I need wds to extend range of my airtel fiber connection in india
2022-08-12 08:01:10

@Ritz44 

Hi, based on the user guide of TD-w8968-v4, there is a wireless bridge Also known as WDS (Wireless Distribution System),

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TD-W8968(EU)_V4_UG.pdf page 81

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:I cant find w8968 here in list. I need wds to extend range of my airtel fiber connection in india
2022-08-12 08:06:15

David-TP wrote

@Ritz44 

Hi, based on the user guide of TD-w8968-v4, there is a wireless bridge Also known as WDS (Wireless Distribution System),

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

@David-TP 

Yes it is there what you said. But can't able to connect with scanned access points bcoz there is no connect button. Checkbox is there but it can't be ticked. Just nothing happens when clicked on it 

Options
2022-08-12 08:09:37
I will check and try to do it again with pdf you posted.
Options
2022-08-12 09:10:47

Ritz44 wrote

David-TP wrote

@Ritz44 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

@David-TP 

Yes it is there what you said. But can't able to connect with scanned access points bcoz there is no connect button. Checkbox is there but it can't be ticked. Just nothing happens when clicked on it 

I tried. After selecting my ssid and saved setting my ssid or AP disappear from Wi-Fi available networks. It is enabled still in router settings but not visible on Wi-Fi scan in any device. @Ritz44 

Options
2022-08-12 09:31:03

@Ritz44Hi, 

"After selecting my ssid and saved setting my ssid or AP disappear from Wi-Fi available networks. It is enabled still in router settings but not visible on Wi-Fi scan in any device"

Do you mean after selecting the SSID of Airtel fiber router on the configuration menu of 8968, no more devices(not only 8968, but also the mobile phones/computers) are not able to detect the Wi-Fi of Airtel router?

By the way, may I know how long have you had 8968?

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-12 09:38:51

David-TP wrote

@Ritz44Hi, 

"After selecting my ssid and saved setting my ssid or AP disappear from Wi-Fi available networks. It is enabled still in router settings but not visible on Wi-Fi scan in any device"

Do you mean after selecting the SSID of Airtel fiber router on the configuration menu of 8968, no more devices(not only 8968, but also the mobile phones/computers) are not able to detect the Wi-Fi of Airtel router?

By the way, may I know how long have you had 8968?

Best regards.

I have to change channel first to be able to select Airtel ssid. After selecting ssid of main Airtel router and clicking save/apply. After this step ssid of w8968 is disappeared from my every device. So basically its wireless is enabled in settings but it's AP is not visible on any device. So cannot even scan and connect to w8968.     @David-TP 

Options
2022-08-17 03:25:05

@Ritz44 

Thanks for your message.

I used to see on some old routers, that once WDS on the bridging device-W8968 is enabled, It will copy the SSID of the bridged device(Airtel fiber router).

After the setup, you could try to temporarily power off the Airtel fiber router and leave 8968 only to see whether the "router" SSID is still here.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 7

Tags

wds
Related Articles