DECO Network Lagg Issue & CCTV Camera Not working properly in HD Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-14 22:49:56
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20220429

Hi 

In total i have 6 Deco Units , 4 Units are of XE 75 & 2 Units of X60 . Main Deco is XE 75 which is connected to Router (Both set up on First Floor) and then connected to one switch , through this switch i have done Ethernet backhaul on one more deco unit on Ground Floor (XE 75) , through this i have two more units connected via Wireless . One Unit is in Basement (X60) and one unit is in my shop (XE 75)  which is 2 rooms away from Ground Floor .

Apart from that i have one more unit (X60) connected to First Floor (Wireless) (Balcony) and one unit connected to Second Floor (Wireless) by the main unit on First Floor .

In total i have around 9 IP CCTV Cameras , 2 DVR connected to the entire network some connection for IP CC TV are connected by Ethernet which is connected to Switch (Unmanaged)(TP Link) on my Deco units on Ground and First Floor .  One DVR is connected to Switch (Smart Switch)(TP Link)connected with Ground Floor Deco Unit via Ethernet Cable  and one DVR is connected to Switch (Unmanaged)(TP Link) connected to my First Floor main Deco . 

Out of total 9 IP Cameras i have

1 connected by switch on GF Deco & 1 Connected by Wifi to Ground Floor Deco  ,

1 Connected by Switch on First Floor Deco ,

1 Connected directly in Second Floor Deco

2 Connected by Ethernet on Balcony Deco and 1 connected via wifi to Balcony Deco ,

1 connected to Basement Deco (Wifi)

1 Connected  to Shop Deco (Wifi) 

Apart from this i also have around 30 IOT Devices like Philips Lights , Smart Plugs , Smart Extensions , Alexa , Fans , Smart Remotes etc.

I have not seen any issue while streaming content on Laptop , or operating the IOT devices . The main challenge i am facing is when i am accessing the CCTV cameras via Hikvison and Ezviz App i see that the video gets stuck after some time and i have to reload or open the camera again to see it . This is for devices connected both by LAN or Wifi  . This happen whenever i see live feed in Full HD or Hi-Def but in standard definition it works fine . 

The message i get on the CCTV app when i select Full HD or Hi-Def is "Unstable Network . Suggest to Lower the Video Quality"

My ISP is Airtel and i am using 1 GBPS connection , where when i check speed on my Smart Phone (S21 Ultra) i get speeds around 800Mbps near the main Deco and around 120 MBPS when i am further most from the Main Deco near the SHOP Deco .  

I earlier thought it might be an app issue , i tried to plug in LAN Cable of my DVR on Ground Floor  and one PTZ camera to Jio Router which is also active at my place and the live feed works perfectly fine on that with Full HD definition . Hence i figured out it is an issue in my Deco Network which is connected to airtel Router . 

I checked this even after deactivating Mesh Technology on majority of IOT Devices and even Disable Fast Roaming and Beam Roaming but issue is still there .

Please suggest what needs to be done as accessing my network of CCTV is an important part .

Options
11 Reply
Re:DECO Network Lagg Issue & CCTV Camera Not working properly in HD Mode
2022-08-17 10:16:56

@Andy1985 

Hi, Welcome to the community and Thank you very much for your feedback.

I think it might be too early to say Deco might be the problem and Here I draw a simple network layout based on your description and hope you could help me check whether there would be any mistakes, Thank you in advance.

Other than that, I hope you could help me check some details if possible.

1. I see you mentioned a compare test by "plugging in LAN Cable of my DVR on Ground Floor  and one PTZ camera to Jio Router", Will you be able to run the same test by only leaving the CCTV cam and DVR on the main XE75, temporarily powering off other Deco units and CCTV cameras?

2. I think the Airtel main router is also a DHCP server right, have you ever tried to change Deco XE75 to access point mode to see whether it helps with the current issue?

3. If only leaving the 5* Ethernet-connected CCTV cameras, and powering off the wireless cameras, will they play videos smoothly in Full HD or Hi-Def?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-19 01:58:32

@Andy1985 

Hi Andy,

Hope you are doing well! I haven't seen your update anymore and just wonder whether you are still having the same issue with Deco XE75.

Thank you and best regards.

Options
2022-08-22 17:56:38

@David-TP I am currently travelling and may not test this in next 10 days , what i understand is you are suggesting to play the DVR BOX only with one deco unit . But the Jio Router which is kept on Ground floor and the main DVR (16 Channel) is also on Ground floor , but main main XE 75 Deco and Airtel Router is on First Floor .

So please suggest if i connect first floor deco with Ground Floor Deco via LAN cable and then try this ? Also should i disconnect all CCTV also as once i shut other decos these CCTV may try to connect with the Deco on First and Ground Floor .

Options
2022-08-22 18:08:11 - last edited 2022-08-22 18:10:07

@David-TP I am not sure about Airtel DHCP server , how do i check this , do i have to make any changes here please suggest i can try that .

Also in the diagram , i have two DVR one is connected with first floor main deco and DVR on Ground floor is connected to JIO router whcih is kept closer to GF deco

Also just to get clarity do you want me to also shut all IOT devices also on all floors which are connected with deco or should i just shut deco on 2nd floor , Shop and Basement .Also should i  keep DEco on First Floor (Main Deco connected to Airtel Router) and Ground Florr Deco (Connected by LAN) on and then connect DVR on Ground Floor and one PTZ camera which are currenlty connected to Jio Router with GF DVR . 

Should i connect both LAN cables directly to GF Deco or should i do it via Unmanaged switch ? Please suggest so that i can try accordinly and then can share results .  Also do suggest if it works fine by closing all devices then what needs to be done ? 

I also have one more question currently i have Deco Units placed on First Floor , Ground floor and Second Floor which are just above one other , can this cause disturbance in network . is it possible if i put LAN cable from First Floor Deco to Third Floor and then connect Deco which is currently connected via wifi on Second floor to third floor . 

What i wanted to understand is is it mandatory to have two deco units in WIFI range to connect with each other or can i connect them directly to LAN 

Options
2022-08-23 11:18:50 - last edited 2022-08-23 11:39:58

@Andy1985 

Hi, I tend to wish you could only leave the main Deco XE75 in the whole network and it does not matter the CCTVs in other rooms will tend to reconnect to the main XE75.

(But if it is convenient, it would be highly appreciated if you could also power off the CCTVs that are not connected to the main XE75.)

The reason I want to test it is that compared with Jio router, the most obvious difference between XE75 is its whole Mesh system. Unplugging other satellite XE75 will force it to work as a single router. And Turning off the smart IOT devices is also trying to simplify the network topology, just like the compared test you have done, only connecting one DVR and PTZ camera to the JIO router.

-----------------------

As for the Wi-Fi interference within Deco units, since you haven't noticed any unstable connection on the IOT devices so far, I think the Wi-Fi condition is still acceptable. 

It is NOT mandatory to have two deco units in WIFI range to connect with each other and since the Ethernet connection is always more stable so actually it is recommended to connect them directly to LAN.

-------------------------

As for the DHCP server suggestions, if Airtel router has a Wi-Fi function, normally it would be a modem-router combination and capable of DHCP. But if you are not sure, it does no harm to leave Deco as it is configured now so that we don't make the situation more complicated.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2022-08-24 18:14:48

@David-TP I will do this test by Next week once i travel to the house i am currently at different location , just to recheck you are suggesting to keep only Deco CE 75 on First floor which is connected to main router to be on power on and then connect one DVR on first floor with the LAN cable and one wifi camera which may connect if it catches range and keep all other IOT devices off . Hope this is what you are suggesting ??

Secondly what i feel the issue may be because last time once i went home i connected ground floor deco with LAN with first floor deco (Main Deco) and this resulted in boosting signal as it is connected by LAN , and these are one floor above the other , so can this be the reason of connection being slow . If the distance between Main Deco and satellite is not far off can this cause congestion in Network which results CCTV live feed getting hang .

As an alternative what i was thinking is that if i disconnect the deco on Ground Floor and the LAN cable which is coming from first floor i connect that with Switch and then connect the same switch with DEco in Shop and then check network , i think stability will be better . I think since these decos i have installed are not to far off from each other it may be causing network congestion , when i connect these deco without LAN , it shows full signal between Ground Floor deco and first floor .

So please confirm can this be the cause of concern ? Also can i connect one LAN coming from First Floor Deco to one switch on Ground floor and then another LAN Cable to another switch which is one room away and then this Switch i take one LAN cable to connect to Deco in Shop . So if i connect two switches between the deco hope it will not make difference . These are both unmanged Gigabit switches of TP Link 

If you are based out of India is it possible we can connect over the call once i am at my location in coming week ?

Options
2022-08-24 18:29:02

@Andy1985 Below is the layout map for network for better understanding 

File:
Network LAyout.jpgDownload
Options
2022-08-29 16:48:15

@David-TP Hi i did not hear back from you , i am coming to my location tommorrow where Deco are set up kindly reply on my earlier post .

Also one more strange issue is happening now , i have kept "Fast Roaming" and "Beam Roaming" disabled on the Deco app but whn i check after few hours it is automatically enabled and i have to disable again . What can be the reason for the same please advice .

Options
2022-08-30 08:51:00

@Andy1985 

Hi, sorry that I have missed your reply.

Here are some information for your reference.

just to recheck you are suggesting to keep only Deco CE 75 on First floor which is connected to main router to be on power on and then connect one DVR on first floor with the LAN cable and one wifi camera which may connect if it catches range and keep all other IOT devices off . Hope this is what you are suggesting ??

Yes and it is what I wish you could test for me.

Secondly what i feel the issue may be because last time once i went home i connected ground floor deco with LAN with first floor deco (Main Deco) and this resulted in boosting signal as it is connected by LAN , and these are one floor above the other , so can this be the reason of connection being slow . If the distance between Main Deco and satellite is not far off can this cause congestion in Network which results CCTV live feed getting hang .

As an alternative what i was thinking is that if i disconnect the deco on Ground Floor and the LAN cable which is coming from first floor i connect that with Switch and then connect the same switch with DEco in Shop and then check network , i think stability will be better . I think since these decos i have installed are not to far off from each other it may be causing network congestion , when i connect these deco without LAN , it shows full signal between Ground Floor deco and first floor .

So please confirm can this be the cause of concern ? Also can i connect one LAN coming from First Floor Deco to one switch on Ground floor and then another LAN Cable to another switch which is one room away and then this Switch i take one LAN cable to connect to Deco in Shop . So if i connect two switches between the deco hope it will not make difference . These are both unmanged Gigabit switches of TP Link 

The overlapping coverage between main and satellite could bring some interference but I don't think they have caused the congestion on the CCTVs.

The current network layout could be improved via Ethernet connection of Shop Deco. And since the 6Ghz wireless backhaul is not in use when two XE75 are connected via Ethernet cable, so Deco X60 would be better to be the satellite units which are connected via Ethernet cable and be the one placed in Shop.

If you are based out of India is it possible we can connect over the call once i am at my location in coming week ?

I am out ot India but since the network layout is quite complicated, I don't think we can talk clearly over the phone. 

But if needed, you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com for further discussion.

Options
2022-08-30 08:53:39

@Andy1985 

As for the fast roaming and beamforming here, you could wait for a little longer since sometimes the APP needs time to sync the latest status, then check again whether these options are still enabled for no reason.

Best regards.

Options