DNS ISSUE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DNS ISSUE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DNS ISSUE
DNS ISSUE
2022-08-17 14:53:07
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0.0.9.1 (191011)

Hi,

i bought this product 2 years ago and after the starting configuration everything was fine until yesterday...i completely lost connection and on the main page of the modem appeared this message "manually configure DNS". This message has never showed up before and even if i change DNS on the specific menu nothing change. Someone with the same issue?

PS: no ISP problem.

Thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:DNS ISSUE
2022-08-17 15:16:08

@stil96 

You can manually set the DNS here:

Don't forget to click Save button afret making these settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-08-17 15:26:02

@terziyski thanks, i already try it, but nothing change.

Options
2022-08-17 15:48:17

@stil96 

If this doesn't help try resetting the router to its factory defaults and re-configure from scratch:

Make sure that you have the PPPoE settings written down before reseting the device or contact your ISP if you don't have them:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-08-17 15:59:51

@terziyski already try that too, nothing. It is strange that all the public addresses (IP, Gateway, Subnet mask and DNS) are correctly showed on the main page of the modem (as before the issue), but it doesn't connect to the internet.

Options
2022-08-17 16:20:02 - last edited 2022-08-17 16:25:42

@stil96 

What are the network settings on a PC (for example) connected to the router (obtained by its DHCP server) ?

Can you execute some pings from a PC cmd prompt to an IP address 8.8.8.8 and a domain like google.com ? (use this guide), post the results.

Are you getting the correct network settings on other devices connected to the router ?

Options
2022-08-17 16:57:03

@terziyski 1°picture DHCP configuration and ping

2°picture main page of modem and message showed

yes, same configuration for all DHCP hosts

Options
2022-08-17 17:24:11 - last edited 2022-08-17 19:00:15

@stil96 

You're not connected to the Internet:

Call your ISP to re-check your PPPoE session settings.

Normally you should receive the DNS info from your ISP automatically, in the moment when the PPPoE session was built.

I guess for some reason VR2800v doesn't receive this information and asks to manually set the DNS, but even then you don't have internet access.

Note that this isn't a DNS issue, because you've already set 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as a DNS servers manually, but you can't even ping 8.8.8.8.

Options
2022-08-17 18:33:49

@terziyski i already contacted them and recreate the pppoe session with the credential that they gave me but, even if on the ISP app my connection is up, it look like the modem can't reach the public net.

And i don't understand the modem message "add customize DNS", things that i already did.

Options
2022-08-24 09:58:56

@stil96 

Hi, I see your current firmware version is a beta version for VR2800v v1, and may I know where you got this version?

When I checked the VR2800V, there is only DE version and could you please help me check on the bottom label of VR2800v whether it is on UK/EU/DE version?

As for the error message "manually configure DNS", it used to be caused by the low upload bandwidth from ISP, normally less than 2M/s.

It is also suggested you could have a check of the DSL status under Advanced>Status>DSL status

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 9

Related Articles