Amazon Firestick remains in router client list when switched off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-18 09:58:46 - last edited 2022-08-18 10:34:02
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 210313 Rel.74106n

Hello

I have a couple of Amazon Fire sticks and I have noticed they remain in the router's connected client list even when switched off and unplugged.

All other devices disappear from the list when they are switched off as you would expect.

If you reboot the router the amazon sticks disappear and they don't return again until you use them.

This is not a major problem, but I wondered if anyone else had come across this bug?

Thanks

Robin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Amazon Firestick remains in router client list when switched off
2022-08-24 10:36:05

@Vonsworld 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I think when Amazon Firestick is switched off/unplugged, its IP address has not expired yet and is still active.

But when the router was restarted, it will force to renew/release IP in the LAN network.

Is it always Amazon fires stick? Have you seen this issue most of the time?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Amazon Firestick remains in router client list when switched off
2022-08-24 17:10:11

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have this problem with PC's, but perhaps when they are shut down they release the IP address so the router knows they have left.

The firesticks on the other hand are just unplugged.

They remain in the client list, but do disappear eventually, maybe after 12 hours, without the router being rebooted.

It's the same with my Android mobile, after I leave the house and it's no longer connected to the WiFi, it also stays on the list for several hours.

Thanks

Robin 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 207

Replies: 2