UB500 fails to reconnect to paired devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-19 19:41:15
Tags: #Fault
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

All the UB500 dongles I have bought for my home exhibit the same behavior: Pairing is successful, but if you turn off the device, after turning it back on, fails to reconnect.

This is independant of OS, or device: It does the same in Linux, MacOS and Windows 10 pro, this is clearly a massive fail for the dongles.

So far I bought 4, and for all of them, the only solution to reconnect, is to unpair the devices, and pair them again, and repeat if you want to reconnect to them later.
Tested with headphones, 8bitdo controller, bluetooth speakers, and so on...

Is there any solution for this? There is posts back from 2021, and so far no addressing the issue... Can at least get my money back from what is obviously a faulty product?

Previous users have pointed this out several times: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/542354 and https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/508350

Is there any official response?

Options
1 Reply
Re:UB500 fails to reconnect to paired devices.
2022-08-22 02:20:15

Hello @Rezard 

Thank you very much also for providing the links, yes, we can see that there are different cases about issues with the Bluetooth adapter card, while some similar case are solved by trying different troubleshooting steps or replacing a hardware component that was proved to be defective, none of them are considered by TP-Link as a known issue with the UB500 adapter.  Can you help confirm some case details here to help fix the issue:

1.   For 'but if you turn off the device, after turning it back on, fails to reconnect.'

May I know how did you turn off the device, does the problem occur after you manually turn Bluetooth off or reboot PC?

2.  Please share a photo of the error message.

When problem occurs, please check if the Bluetooth's hardware is still recognized by PC as Q2 here 

Q2: What if my PC can’t recognize Bluetooth USB Adapter when I plug it in? (There is no Bluetooth Radios symbol in Device Manager)

3. What models of the Bluetooth devices? 

4. Please share a photo of the driver date and motherboard information as well

Kindly note we could help replace the unit under device warranty is a device is diagnosed as faulty,  while TP-Link does not have refund service (refer to local RMA policy here), if you prefer to get a refund, please reach the retailer to check the return window first. Thank you in advance for helping confirm case details. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 1

Tags

Fault