What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

106 Reply
Re:What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?
2023-04-27 18:18:06 - last edited 2023-04-27 18:36:34

@Kevin_Z The C6 V3 was not purchased long back. I ordered that on jun 2022 itself, just before the launch of V4. Anyways, thats a different story, as i was very new to even decide which one to buy, i saw few video in youtube, someone said, C6 is a good router, so i ordered.

Now, I am planning to buy a AX23 and had already purchased AX10 too. My question is, if i make AX23 as main router (after easymesh update), and than connect AX10 (on satelite mode, once update is pushed) via ethernet backhault and than connect one more C64 (Satelite mode) via ethernet backhault but from AX10 lan ports. than easymash will work on C64 as well?

AX23->AX10->C64

I can't connect C64 directly to AX23 because of underwall wiring infra and distance of each routers. Please confirm this with full surity about function (I know update is still under planned, so I may endup not getting update like C6 V3, but there is no wifi 6 model availble to buy with wifi 6 and easymesh under 100 dollers. AX20 is not stock in india from the time i am checking, may be around 3-4 months and i want future proof my new purchase, so atleast push easymesh update on wifi 6 routers too ASAP, else customers will switch to other brands, you must have lost a lot of new customers by now for sure, dont worry, i will not switch but india is a big market, FYI).

Please answer if you are comptlely sure weather all device will work as mesh network as per my setup said above and sorry if i sound rude, but you also know that its the harsh truth.

Edit: SInce i had already became so rude, let me tell you one more thing, Please add OFDMA in spec page of AX23, as TP-Link have removed wifi 6 from AX10 ( in 2.4ghz band), so i thought that TP link must have removed OFDMA from AX23, and thinking OFDMA as a deal breaker, i had purchased AX10, but later i realised that it is just a mistake from website update team. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Gopal2020 

Sorry to disappoint you since there is no plan to add the support for EasyMesh on Archer A6/C6 V3.sad

We always recommend choosing a router based on the features that are currently offered, and not what could be.

Please also keep in mind that while our teams may provide hints on what models are to receive a feature, it is definitely not an exhaustive list, and the models supporting features are always changing, meaning that models can be both added and removed, or even just updated without warning.

Options
2023-04-28 03:44:58

@Gopal2020 

Gopal2020 wrote

@Kevin_Z The C6 V3 was not purchased long back. I ordered that on jun 2022 itself, just before the launch of V4. Anyways, thats a different story, as i was very new to even decide which one to buy, i saw few video in youtube, someone said, C6 is a good router, so i ordered.

Now, I am planning to buy a AX23 and had already purchased AX10 too. My question is, if i make AX23 as main router (after easymesh update), and than connect AX10 (on satelite mode, once update is pushed) via ethernet backhault and than connect one more C64 (Satelite mode) via ethernet backhault but from AX10 lan ports. than easymash will work on C64 as well?

AX23->AX10->C64

If all three routers in the above topology support EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul, you can connect them like that to build a mesh network. But I want to point out and remind you once again that neither AX23 nor AX10 supports EasyMesh at the moment. Again, as stated in the EasyMesh Product List, "The EasyMesh firmware update for products marked "Planned" is not a guarantee. The compatible device list will be updated regularly, and TP-Link reserves the right to modify this page at any time without notifying the user."

If you do need to build a mesh network, why not choose Deco mesh? All the Deco models can support the network layout as you require.

Gopal2020 wrote

I can't connect C64 directly to AX23 because of underwall wiring infra and distance of each routers. Please confirm this with full surity about function (I know update is still under planned, so I may endup not getting update like C6 V3, but there is no wifi 6 model availble to buy with wifi 6 and easymesh under 100 dollers. AX20 is not stock in india from the time i am checking, may be around 3-4 months and i want future proof my new purchase, so atleast push easymesh update on wifi 6 routers too ASAP, else customers will switch to other brands, you must have lost a lot of new customers by now for sure, dont worry, i will not switch but india is a big market, FYI).

Please answer if you are comptlely sure weather all device will work as mesh network as per my setup said above and sorry if i sound rude, but you also know that its the harsh truth.

Edit: SInce i had already became so rude, let me tell you one more thing, Please add OFDMA in spec page of AX23, as TP-Link have removed wifi 6 from AX10 ( in 2.4ghz band), so i thought that TP link must have removed OFDMA from AX23, and thinking OFDMA as a deal breaker, i had purchased AX10, but later i realised that it is just a mistake from website update team.    

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions. We have brought up all your opinions to the decision-makers and hope we will get more models support EasyMesh asap.

Regarding the OFDMA, we will also feedback to the website admins to consider and see if we can add it to the specifications page.

Options
2023-07-14 09:18:05
Would you be able to set AX55 or AX73 as satellite router but thru wired connection?
Options
2023-07-17 19:16:04

@Kevin_Z when will the AX73 be supported for EasyMesh? been waiting for a while now.

Options
2023-07-18 06:43:43

AnyaSkywalker wrote

Would you be able to set AX55 or AX73 as satellite router but thru wired connection?

@AnyaSkywalker Only the models listed in my post here currently support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. AX55 and AX73 are not on the list, which means that they cannot connect to the main EasyMesh router via a wired connection to build up the mesh network.

But please don't worry, there will be more models supporting EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul soon. Please keep an eye on the router web GUI for any new firmware updates, and that will be noted in the release notes. You may also subscribe to the above thread and I will keep updating it to include more once there are more routers that support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
2023-07-18 06:50:10

KazuMae wrote

@Kevin_Z when will the AX73 be supported for EasyMesh? been waiting for a while now.

@KazuMae Sorry that I haven't got an advanced notice yet. sadPay close attention to the router firmware releases on the router web GUI or Tether App.

Options
2023-07-18 06:53:12

@Kevin_Z 

im pretty sure we waiting half a year without a single new model added with support the easy mash.

im still waiting to use my ax1500 but its still at planned..

Kevin_Z wrote

KazuMae wrote

@KazuMae Sorry that I haven't got an advanced notice yet. sadPay close attention to the router firmware releases on the router web GUI or Tether App.

Options
2023-07-28 09:04:40 - last edited 2023-07-28 10:27:46

@naye666 Actually, one may say EasyMesh its a big mess right now. I have found a Polish TP-Link document (link) which includes a list of routers and extenders which have already received EasyMesh (first table) and which should receive it by the end of Q2 2023 (second table). At the same time TP-Link's webpage for EasyMesh system still enlists many of the devices from the above-linked list as "EasyMesh planned". For instance, I have AX72, on EasyMesh webpage it's labeled "planned", on it's own webpage advertising AX72 there is "EasyMesh" mentioned as an available feature. Too bad, It works  - but I believe still only in router mode, not in AP mode. If found another document showing we have to wait for EasyMesh in a AP mode (link) - see below.

I had to change an internet provider, who delivers its own router (practically not-managable). I was not able to switch off DHCP in the internet provider's router. It forced me to degrade my AX72 from main to satellite device in AP mode. Unfortunaltely, I have noticed it caused a side effect - my AX72 and RE700X extender EasyMesh gone away. I have EasyMesh option in RE700X, but not in AX72 anymore.

I hope it is a matter of time, when all at least AX devices get EasyMesh allowing to group and connect devices no matter if in router or AP mode, using ethernet backhaul, so to say a common scenario where there is a main router connected via eth to satellite working in AP mode plus at least two-three wifi extenders.

Options
2023-07-31 12:06:09

I can't find definitive source on whether the RE505X supports EasyMesh, can anyone confirm?

Options
2023-08-01 01:21:42

@zmesh 

Here is the EasyMesh compatibility list: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

RE505X is listed above but marked as "PLANNED", so I suppose it doesn't support it at this moment but will do in the future.

Options