Official Firmware of VPN Client for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1 is available

Official Firmware of VPN Client for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1 is available

159 Reply
Re:Discussion or Issue Report after Upgrading to latest official Archer AX11000 1.3.1 Build 20220721
2022-08-30 01:45:07

Lucky_Cat wrote

@Kevin_Z 

After installing firmware 1.3.1 Build 20220721 rel.61848(5553)

1. Is the internet connection 100% stable before this firmware update? Is updating the AX11000 firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20220721 the only change before and after the internet issue occurs? Yes, Yes

2. When the internet is not available, what is the LED status on the AX11000, orange or white? It's still white but a little bit later changes to orange

3. How often does the disconnect issue happen? several hours or minutes or days? Every Hour [the web GUI showed 1 hour 5 minutes connection time before stopping] 

4. Will the internet recover if you click the Release then Renew on its web GUI? The last attempt reboot button in the web GUI worked

5. Your Country and your Internet Provider.USA, United Communications (The modem brand is ADTRAN with 1GB up/down)

@Lucky_Cat Thank you very much again for the detailed information. 

Just want to confirm that when you login to the web GUI of the router, is there still a WAN IP address and default gateway? What are they? When the internet recovers, what are the WAN IP and gateway?

BTW, I have also escalated your case to the support engineers for further analysis. Please check your registered email and follow it up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Discussion or Issue Report after Upgrading to latest official Archer AX11000 1.3.1 Build 20220721
2022-08-30 01:50:04

mdbirkett wrote

I also am having this issue after the firmware update.

Regarding this issue, we would like to know:

1. Is the internet connection 100% stable before this firmware update? Is updating the AX11000 firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20220721 the only change before and after the internet issue occurs?

• Internet connection was 100% stable before update
  • AX11000 firmware update was the only change

2. When the internet is not available, what is the LED status on the AX11000, orange or white?

• LED turns orange

3. How often does the disconnect issue happen? several hours or minutes or days?

• The disconnect has already happened 6 times so far today (as of 9:30am)

4. Will the internet recover if you click the Release then Renew on its web GUI?

• Release and Renew recovers internet connection.

5. Your Country and your Internet Provider.

• Canada
  • TekSavvy
  • Technicolor TC4400 modem

@mdbirkett Thank you for reporting the issue to the community. As suggested by Maciej that you may replace the Technicolor modem if that is possible, or you can add another router between the Technicolor modem and the AX11000 as confirmed by Dreday7722 to monitor if the connectivity will be stable.

BTW, I have also escalated your case to the support engineers via email, they will help investigate further, please wait and check your email to follow it up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-08-30 03:15:26

@Kevin_Z 

Is it possible to rollback/downgrade to the stable version before. I am working from home and this is a disaster. When I manually want to up/downgrade the firmware i got a message: "Upload Error".

Before this update everything worked just fine. In the meantime, I also installed a brand new modem what a few members had said, but that also doesn't work. 

When internet is lost, the only thing for me is manually unplug the power of the router, then the light changes from red/orange to white again. There is no loss of internet in the modem.

I hope this issue is fixed very soon because it's impossible to have to work from home like this.

Thank you,

Kemal

Options
2022-08-30 03:24:01

Kemal61 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Is it possible to rollback/downgrade to the stable version before. I am working from home and this is a disaster. When I manually want to up/downgrade the firmware i got a message: "Upload Error".

Before this update everything worked just fine. In the meantime, I also installed a brand new modem what a few members had said, but that also doesn't work. 

When internet is lost, the only thing for me is manually unplug the power of the router, then the light changes from red/orange to white again. There is no loss of internet in the modem.

I hope this issue is fixed very soon because it's impossible to have to work from home like this.

Thank you,

Kemal

@Kemal61 Yes, you can downgrade to the previous version. Please download the previous version from this link, then unzip it and upload it into the router.

Options
2022-08-30 03:30:01
I am living in EU, is it also possible to use this version?
Options
2022-08-30 05:47:29

@Kemal61 

For this Archer AX11000 v1.0, Yes, you can install the firmware we provided on your EU hardware.

Options
2022-08-30 06:42:19

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much Kevin, I managed to downgrade the router to the previous version 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072.

Options
2022-08-30 11:43:22

@Kevin_Z 

I also have been getting the same issue. This has only happened when I updated to the latest firmware I also have been getting the same issue. This has only happened when I updated to the latest firmware. When on the old firmware I had a very stable Fibre Internet. the Light goes Red and you have to manually reboot. At present this is happemining

once a day normally around 1700 but happened this morning around 9 and the Router stays red until i reboot. I have a static IP so the release and renew option isnt really viable 

I am UK based and have Hyperoptic as ISP.

Regards

Options
2022-08-30 12:27:26

Cafahag wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I also have been getting the same issue. This has only happened when I updated to the latest firmware I also have been getting the same issue. This has only happened when I updated to the latest firmware. When on the old firmware I had a very stable Fibre Internet. the Light goes Red and you have to manually reboot. At present this is happemining

once a day normally around 1700 but happened this morning around 9 and the Router stays red until i reboot. I have a static IP so the release and renew option isnt really viable 

I am UK based and have Hyperoptic as ISP.

Regards

@Cafahag I have just updated my original thread, please downgrade the AX11000 firmware to the previous 1.3.0 Build 220221 version to monitor the connectivity. Thank you.

I will update my post once this gets confirmed and fixed.

Options
2022-08-30 13:07:04

@Kevin_Z 

I returned to the previous 1.3.0 Build 220221 version of the firmware, and the AX11000 is working normally again -- I have not experienced any disruptions for several hours.

Thanks,

Murray Birkett

Options