HomeCare replaced by HomeShield - Features Lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 01:36:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We purchased a set of the Deco M9 Plus units in 2020. I decided I wanted to speed up some things around the house and purchased a set of 3 AX3000 units for the house and set one of the AX3000 units as the primary unit. I purchased the new unit just over a month ago and cannot return it now. 

Apparently, we lose HomeCare and now have to use HomeShield which disabled a number of features and wants us to pay to get them back. First, I think this is pretty shady as a company to force a $59.99 a year purchase to get features back that our system had. 

However, as I'm sure TP-Link doesn't care, does anyone know if I choose to make my Deco M9 Plus as the primary if it'll switch us back to the old controls? Additionally, will the AX3000's still perform at their appropriate speed?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HomeCare replaced by HomeShield - Features Lost
2022-08-31 02:00:13

@Stimi 

Hi, yes, when Deco M9 plus is the main Deco, the whole Mesh system will use Homecare.

As for the speed, for the AX3000, It will still keep its good speed as long as the clients itself supports 802.11ax protocol as well.

Options
Re:HomeCare replaced by HomeShield - Features Lost
2022-08-31 02:15:31

And as for changing to HomeShield, which is also a leading global provider to protect users from internet threats,  it is more like a new Company strategy.  No matter whether Homecare or HomeShield, we intend to provide the best home security service and make the router better and safer. There are some splendid features for HomeShield Pro and it will be gradually updated with new features as well. So if there are any brilliant ideas, please feel free to send feedback to feedback.deco@tp-link.com.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 298

Replies: 2

Related Articles